Uninstall Box version--only have steam version

mikeblom13

I recently purchased FSX-SE, co-existing with my box version of FSX and a few add-ons on the same drive. Can I just delete FSX along with those add-ons and just re-install the add-ons to give me more space on that drive? It seems that it would be a lot easier than moving those add-ons to the SE version.

If thats the case, would using an 'uninstaller program' be better that using Windows to delete them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB: Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Z97 CPU: i7 4790 MEM: Muskin Redline 16GB

Cooling: H100i PSU: EVGA superNova 850 GFX: MSI 970 Win7 64 PRO

Hi mike,

As long as it's uninstalled it makes no difference as to how. Sometimes problems arise when re-installing FSX if Windows thinks some of it is still present. As you're not re-installing, any leftover code will not be a problem. That being said I use IObit Uninstaller (came with Advanced Systemcare free edition) to uninstall any program. It generally uses any uninstaller that came with the program being deleted but goes on to search for anything remaining and allows you to delete anything it finds.

Jim F.

Archived