cub9x.zip PA18 Super Cub Question

Qballbandit

Good evening,

If there are members out there using this plane in FS9 (or have used it in the past), do you know if Simon Smeiman is still active in the community?

I love his plane, and would enjoy using it to the fullest, but it's a demo, and needs a "donation" of $8 bucks to remove the pink image in the planes cockpit views - 2D & 3D.

So many years have passed I would bet I won't have any luck making contact with him, though I've tried, so figured I'd ask here.

He really did a very nice job on the plane.

Thanks very much,

Neil :cool:

FSAddon's Super Cub is well worth consideration, it's by the same developer:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-piper-super-cub.phtml

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello,

Problem will be solved if you make transparent the "BANNER.bmp" in the texture folder

Check you notification box

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

• 1 year later...
Hello,

Problem will be solved if you make transparent the "BANNER.bmp" in the texture folder

Check you notification box

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

Hello! How can I do that (make the "BANNER.bmp" transparent)?

Thanks for the attention!

• 1 year later...
I know this is a real old thread, but did you figure out how to make the BANNER.bmp transparent? I'vr tried everything and can't so it. It just turns white.

Ah, Grahsshopper, your eyes can deceive you. Do not trust them! Close your eyes...what do you see?

Think opposite. What is not white must be black! :cool:;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hmm... let me ponder that for a while. Nope, still not transparent Zippy. I used Gimp to try to work this out, but no joy so far.

I used DTXbmp and Photoshop as the editor. Double clicked on the alpha, which brought up the image in Photoshop and used a paintbrush to color it solid black. Saved it as banner.bmp. put that into the texture folder and all is good!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just to clarify, "solid black" with RGB values of 0,0,0 is transparent in the sim. All three values must be 0.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hummmmm
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

How does one ascertain the RGB values of a bmp Tiger? I'm still getting a black field.

You should be able to open a gauge bitmap directly into an image editor such as Paint (which is included in Windows), just right-click on the image icon and select Open With, then choose Paint. Once the image is opened in Paint, select Edit Colors on the top ribbon and check the RGB values as shown below:

(Click on the image to enlarge it)

paint.JPG

Edited by tiger1962