Old Detroit north terminal

parcand

I recently download all 3 of the new scenery files for KDTW. They all have the same problem that I can't figure out. They all have the new north terminal, but the old terminal is still showing. Some of the planes parked at the new terminal are hidden by the old terminal. How do you remove the old north terminal? I am running FSX Standard.

I recently download all 3 of the new scenery files for KDTW. They all have the same problem that I can't figure out. They all have the new north terminal, but the old terminal is still showing. Some of the planes parked at the new terminal are hidden by the old terminal. How do you remove the old north terminal? I am running FSX Standard.

FSX Standard? Just like me! Do you have SP1 and SP2 installed?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I guessing that I have SP2 since I have download both updates in the past. How can you tell?

Also, having the same problem with a Toronto airport I downloaded. I have checked for old scenery files, but haven't found any.

I guessing that I have SP2 since I have download both updates in the past. How can you tell?

Also, having the same problem with a Toronto airport I downloaded. I have checked for old scenery files, but haven't found any.

You can check it by going to Control Panel/Add-Remove programs and it should be in the list. In the File Library I only found one FSX update for KDTW. and you said you tried 3. What were the other 2?

Couldn't find the control panel (win 10 rather confusing :confused:), but CCleaner works just as good. Accordingly, I'm running SP2.

The files that I found are:

kdtw_rs_fsx.zip

kdtw2011.zip

detroit-1.zip

They all have there plus's and minus's. But they all have the new north terminal added on top of the old terminal. I had hoped that someone would know how to remove the old terminal first. It's not a pretty sight. :eek:

In case your wondering I'm using an Acer Aspire E17 with Intel Pentium CPU @ 2.16GHz, 4GB Ram & Intel HD Graphics.

Couldn't find the control panel (win 10 rather confusing :confused:), but CCleaner works just as good. Accordingly, I'm running SP2.

The files that I found are:

kdtw_rs_fsx.zip

kdtw2011.zip

detroit-1.zip

They all have there plus's and minus's. But they all have the new north terminal added on top of the old terminal. I had hoped that someone would know how to remove the old terminal first. It's not a pretty sight. :eek:

In case your wondering I'm using an Acer Aspire E17 with Intel Pentium CPU @ 2.16GHz, 4GB Ram & Intel HD Graphics.

kdtw2011.zip----------KDTW represents a modification to the stock FSX Acceleration airport scenery. DELETE IT!

I would also delete detroit1.zip. It's never good to have more than one modified airport scenery.

I changed back to kdtw_rs_fsx.zip. For the record, I only have 1 scenery loaded for each airport. I can imagine how confusing it would look if I keep adding scenery files. The current scenery parks all the NWA planes to the fringe parking. KDTW2001 doubled up the Delta and Northwest gates.

So far still seeing both new and old north terminals. Is there some files that I need to delete, or is something missing in the scenery files?

I changed back to kdtw_rs_fsx.zip. For the record, I only have 1 scenery loaded for each airport. I can imagine how confusing it would look if I keep adding scenery files. The current scenery parks all the NWA planes to the fringe parking. KDTW2001 doubled up the Delta and Northwest gates.

So far still seeing both new and old north terminals. Is there some files that I need to delete, or is something missing in the scenery files?

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

OK, I have the same exact scenery for KDTW as you and took a shot from where you did. Does mine show what yours is showing? If so, then then scenery is incorrect and then I would suggest looking for a payware scenery to your liking.

Detroit.JPG

Your photo shows the same problem I have. I hope someone out there knows how remove the old terminal.

Mean while, I will look around for payware. However, payware sometimes slows things down. I have one of KDFW that does that.

Thanks for your help anyway.

I download and ran the Simple Airport Scanner, but found only 1 KDTW file. It must be loading the old terminal from the stock airport. I don't think that removing that file would be wise. I'm going to try to remove all detroit addons, restart clean, then reinstall the addons. Let's see if that works.

Update: Well, that didn't work. I'm at a lost.:confused:

If you are referring to the stock file, it's ..\Scenery\0302\APX25160.bgl. I fear it may contain more then 1 airport. For some reason I remember removing (actually moving luckily) 1 file and I lost several airports. I hesitant to do it again.

A good tool to use to find stock airports is "Airport Design Editor". If you search for a stock airport, it will give you a file name.

I'm very familiar with ADE been using it for years :-)

I wouldn't mess with any of the default files either you're just asking for trouble there

If you'd like to try again to install one of the KDTW sceneries (I know kdtw2011 removes the old North Terminal) let me know

If you followed Ray's instructions and placed the KDTW_OBJ.BGL in ...\FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery, try moving it up to wherever you installed the other two files.

If you copied the jetway textures to ...\FSX\Scenery\Global\texture, copy them to ...\FSX\Texture.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Both of these files: kdtw_rs_fsx.zip and

kdtw2011.zip are for use with Acceleration. If you attempt to use it with the standard FSX you will see the old terminal as the two airports are different and the excludes don't line up.

Both of these files: kdtw_rs_fsx.zip and

kdtw2011.zip are for use with Acceleration. If you attempt to use it with the standard FSX you will see the old terminal as the two airports are different and the excludes don't line up.

If that is true, it has nothing to do with Acceleration.

If it is true it is a difference between FSX Standard and FSX Deluxe.

I tried Ray Smith's files on FSX Deluxe, both with and without Acceleration, and it works fine.

The odd thing is, looking closely at his files I can see why the old terminal is there and do not see why it goes away for me.

There is no exclude for the old terminal so it should be there regardless of FSX version.

If you are familiar with ADEX you can probably fix this pretty quickly.

I say probably because I have no way to test it.

Using Ray's file as per his readme, choose the version (crosswind or no crosswind) of AFD file you want to use and copy it to your Desktop.

Start ADEX and "Open airport from BGL" and choose Ray's AFD.

Now select the Exclusion Rectangle tool, not the Poly tool and draw an Exclusion Rectangle like this...

Capture.JPG

Note that you will not see everything on your ADEX display that you see in my screenshot.

That is because I also imported his OBJ file for reference, you do not want to do this.

Your exclusion rectangle does not have to be exactly like mine, close should work. Try to avoid those other objects you see in my screen shot.

Now compile your airport and test.

You will need to use Ray's KDTW_OBJ.BGL file and his KDTW_CVX.bgl. Not his AFD file.

IMO it is OK to put all of these files in the same folder if you copy the jetway textures to ...\FSX\Texture.

I have used several of Ray's files like this, and not like he suggests in his readme, without problems. I prefer to keep all files for an airport in one place, if I can, so that I do not have to go looking for extra files if I decide to delete his addon.

There is no requirement or advantage to placing his OBJ files in ...\Scenery\Global\scenery as he suggests.

Lastly, if Mr. Zippy or anyone else with FSX Standard could post their file properties for ...\FSX\Scenery\NAMC\scenery\Detroit.bgl I would appreciate it.

If you have FSX Standard with Acceleration then also post the properties for ...\FSX\Setup\XPackCache\scenery.NAMC.scenery_Detroit.bgl

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

You guys gave me a lot to think about. I try some stuff later (currently checking out a new KIAD scenery). As I mentioned earlier, I tried 3 different scenery's. All 3 showed the new terminal over the old terminal. Other then that they all worked fine. I have several of Ray Smith's scenery's and am having no problem with them.

Meanwhile, if someone would create a KMSP scenery that replaces the NWA gates with Delta gates, I would be happy. I would get rid of the NWA traffic file and enter the 21st century. :) (The file I'm using has Delta parking everywhere but the terminal.)

Lastly, if Mr. Zippy or anyone else with FSX Standard could post their file properties for ...\FSX\Scenery\NAMC\scenery\Detroit.bgl I would appreciate it.

peace,

the Bean

Always happy to oblige!

detroit.JPG

If that is true, it has nothing to do with Acceleration.

If it is true it is a difference between FSX Standard and FSX Deluxe.

I tried Ray Smith's files on FSX Deluxe, both with and without Acceleration, and it works fine.

There are some area sceneries that changed a bit with Acceleration. Not many just a handful which may explain why some files work fine while others don't. If you have Acceleration take a look at KABQ, it's another example of a file that is slightly different in Acceleration compared to Deluxe and Standard.

Don't get me started on KABQ! One scenery that I downloaded I watch the a plane land from the west and it sinks into the runway! Another scenery the planes keep disappearing after landing! *runs and gets some heavy booze*

Archived