ATC related question

liner simpilot

Hi to all simmers, I downloaded National Airlines DC-10-10 repaint from HJG aircraft. I added National to my airlines list, and when starting FS9 setup flight the ATC say's Boeing, I searched the airline cfg file there is nothing that say's Boeing even when I go to the aircraft DC-10-10 go to National airlines DC-10-10 where you put in the flt # it says National. Where does it get ATC for Boeing when the cfg say's National see screenshot. Thanks I look forward to reading all responses. Kenny

National Airlines ATC.jpg

Hi Kenny!

1. Have you ever had a problem before giving an aircraft an airline name and having your Sim use that name?

2. Do you have a section called [General] in your aircraft.cfg and is Boeing listed in it?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks mrzippy for your response. first question: no as long as it is in the airline list, it comes up right in FS ATC announcement. But FS is calling out Boeing, unusual.

Question2: I looked within the aircraft cfg in general, here is what it say's:

[General]

atc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLAS

atc_model=DC10

editable=0

performance=Engines: GE CF6-6D1 @ 41,500 lbf\nFuel capacity: 21,700 USG (145,810 lb @ 6.7 lb USG)\nMax speed: 350 kts IAS or Mach 0.88\nFlap settings: 5-15-22-35-50\nMax operating altitude: 42,000 Ft\nTypical cruise setting: FL310-370 @ Mach 0.82

Thanks mrzippy again, no I am not using editvoicepack program. I have had to add airlines to the airline cfg before and it shows up in the area where you put in flt # and the airlines is there, it has worked before on one other situation it did the similar thing except I looked in the aircraft cfg section ATC and it had Boeing there, I changed it to read the airline name & it fixed it. Now I looked again on this one it has NATIONAL under ATC and it says Boeing in flt sim callout. Thanks again Kenny

Kenny,

The default voice pack that ships with FS includes a bunch of RW airline, yet not all of them.

It is possible that so far you have been lucky in adding airlines that are already in the voice pack.

If you add an airline not in the voice pack FS will not say that name in the sim.

You will have to add that airline name with EditVoicepack.

There are many files in the library to add airline names thru EditVoicePack.

Note that they also must be spelled correctly or they will not work.

peace,

the Bean

[edit]

forgot to add, you might try...

atc_type=MCDONNELLDOUGLAS

Note the additional ell.

[/edit]

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Much appreciative mr Bean and nightowl702 for you response to my question. Like you said mr Bean maybe I was lucky because I got away with it once.I thought that is all I had to do was edit the ATC in the cfg area because that is typical ATC voice. As for nightowl702 I will double check your response. Kenny

I just went into FS9 aircraft cfg, as I have several of the same designer which is HJG liners. I have DC-10 Continental, American, Delta & National. I started FS9 went to all of the mentioned the ATC says their respect airline names, except for National. So I looked at the cfg for each of them they mention ATC: Delta, American, Continental under ATC in FS9 for National in the cfg it says National (per first post) but when I start FS9 go to DC-10 ATC for National says 1010 (flt # only). Sorry about the long explaination, but I thought more is better info. Kenny

Thanks Tom, I read Mr Beans post & said I need EditVoicePack to edit the different airlines callsigns. I downloaded EditVoicePack I hope I got the right one, clicked on exe file came up with need NET version1 1.422 and try exe again see screenshot. As you can see by the pic the smaller dialog box say's click yes to download NET by looking at the other screenshot in background there is no NET ver 1.1422. For me sometimes I want things to go easy, and they don't, willing to try to make this work. Kenny

I have Windows 7 OS

EditVoicepack error message.jpg

You do not need version 1.422, I do not have this on my Windows 7 system but Editvoicepack works fine. Remember Editvoicepack is old software and probably pre-dates Windows 7.

Version 3.5 is provided by default with Windows 7 and I would be surprised if this doesn't do the job just fine for you.

But . . . this is not the solution to your original problem. Use of Editvoicepack may well add the "NATIONAL" call sign and many others, but it will NOT fix the problem you originally raised, of your aircraft describing itself as "BOEING".

There are very few things that could cause this:

1. an incorrect entry in your aircraft.cfg file, as has already been suggested. I would suggest you go through the entire file looking carefull for any entry that refers to BOEING. A duplicate entry lower down in the file will over-ride a higher one.
  2. an incorrect entry in the aircraft settings - when you load the aircraft, click on Change under ATC name and check (and change, if necessary) the settings there.

Note that in terms of priorities, 2 will always over-ride 1 in the game.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks John and everyone, I will go thru everything again. As for version according to error message that I downloaded with error, will not let me download EditVoicePack without the version 1.4322 as you can see by my most recent print screen I do not see this version that they mention. I appreciate all help, maybe I should leave well alone. I just would like to hear the airline name & flt # while flying. Kenny

Hi,

First, check the NET versions you do have installed. If using System 7 go to Start/Control Panel/Programs and Features. Look for Microsoft.Net Framework. Do you have any version installed? I assume that 1.1 is not showing up there. If it is then something else is wrong. Note that apparently 3.5 and 4.x do not include 1.1, so you will probably have to install it separately.

A quick web search found this site:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-install-net-framework-11-in-windows-7-64/eb1e6232-e874-432e-ab43-17660e25e43d

Now, many people are having trouble according to that thread, and some tips in that thread are helping some. Try a straight install, if that doesn't work start trying the tips.

I do have NET 1.1 installed on my System 7 Home computer, so I know it's possible. :)

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks Tom, I followed your recommendation. I clicked on the first link and read what it said. I am not very good with computer downloads, but tried the link to go right into actual downloading of the NET 1.1 it installed without incident (good thing). Now I will try downloading Edievoicepack, as that is what caused the original posting. I hope that works as I am trying to get one of my airlines callouts thru ATC to come up with that airline & flt # as all my other ones do. Not sure why this particular airline callout does not come up while in flight, just flight # only, yet the airline is in airline list. I believe Mr Bean said some are in voice & some are not. Kenny

Edit this post, I started the install wizard where should I put this download as FS9 is outside X86. Install in my folder Flight sim 2004? Where should I install Editvoicepack? Thanks again to all simmers that has helped me. Kenny

Edit this post, I started the install wizard where should I put this download as FS9 is outside X86. Install in my folder Flight sim 2004? Where should I install Editvoicepack? Thanks again to all simmers that has helped me. Kenny

Editvoicepack is a standalone program. It will install itself on the C drive or whatever your main drive that Windows is on. As long as you have FSUIPC or whatever program you use to interconnect 3rd party programs to your Sim, Editvoicepack will do it's job.

Install it into a master folder where you have any other FS2004 utility programs (as long as it is not inside a Program Files folder). If you don't have one, create one. I use FS as the folder name, but it can be anything. I use EditVoicePack for the install's folder name inside that.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

While EditVoicePack is a good program to have and it will add alot of missing callsigns I don't believe it will fix the issue. You don't seem to have a missing callsign, instead you appear to have an incorrect callsign. Somewhere in you cfg. file there is a reference to Boeing. Since it is a DC-10 you should be able to open up the cfg file and just do a search for the word Boeing and see what you find. You should not even have the word Boeing anywhere in that cfg file.

Since it is a DC-10 you should be able to open up the cfg file and just do a search for the word Boeing and see what you find. You should not even have the word Boeing anywhere in that cfg file.

Just to help out and so everyone will stop with the "there must be a reference to Boeing in the .cfg", I downloaded the HJG DC10-10 that Kenny has and looked through the aircraft.cfg and found no Boeing reference anywhere. Also nothing in the repaint .cfg that Kenny has already shown.

Not according to his post above - it's now just saying the flight number, and EVP will fix that.

+1 I just tried it with the HJG DC-10-10 with the National Airlines livery. All is good with ATC calling me National+flight number and referring to me to other aircraft as a DC-10.

Love Editvoicepack!

Again I appreciate all the help. I looked at the cfg to see anything that could be wrong. It says McDonnell Douglas under ATC don't know why, it might have been a glitch as I have flown it after I posted this situation with no issues. But my other problem still is when I fly other HJG airliners, they announce airline callout what it is, why not this one?

I downloaded the Editvoicepack, ran the exe file, I got two errors, I am not very computer literate sometimes & this is one of them. Everyone seems too not have the issues that I run into. I don't understand what this is saying, maybe I should live with just the flt # callout. I hated to bother my simmer friends, but sometimes we need to reach out when all fails. Kenny

withen Editvoicepack dialog.jpg

first error dialog box.jpg

Again I appreciate all the help. I looked at the cfg to see anything that could be wrong. It says McDonnell Douglas under ATC don't know why, it might have been a glitch as I have flown it after I posted this situation with no issues. But my other problem still is when I fly other HJG airliners, they announce airline callout what it is, why not this one?

I downloaded the Editvoicepack, ran the exe file, I got two errors, I am not very computer literate sometimes & this is one of them. Everyone seems too not have the issues that I run into. I don't understand what this is saying, maybe I should live with just the flt # callout. I hated to bother my simmer friends, but sometimes we need to reach out when all fails. Kenny

Wich version are you running? Download and install 3.1 from here https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2740/fs2004-editvoicepack-31-atc-editor/ hope it helps ✈✈

(When you select Download it will direct you to a second page you will see another download button just underneath free at the bottom select that to download the file) Flyawaysimulation.com is very safe.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Thanks Mathew, and again all help. To answer your question it was 3.1 and gave me this most recent error again as I went into the link you mentioned, and downloaded it I moved that copy to my desktop, clicked to download and it ask me to override, I did that and it still came with the same error issue stated in my posting. I tried all of the great responses, I believe I should close my original posting as I have tried everything and can live with not calling out National Airlines callout. I am very appreciative of all the help from my simming friends. Kenny

Im almost positive your problem lies within .net framework i read earlier that youve installed 1.1 im thinking theres a corruption somewhere.

You can try this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

If that doesnt work use the cleanup tool wich will unistall any versions already on your PC including registry entries.... there's a link towards the bottom for the cleanup tool https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/08/28/net-framework-cleanup-tool-users-guide/

Once you run the cleanup tool reinstall net framework 1.1 then install the latest version 4.5 i believe . Try this hopefully this will resolve the issue goodluck.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Archived