Hi There,

I just recently got out my Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X (not the HOTAS version) and have been having trouble with the throttle input. The stick is about two years old, although I have barely used it, and the problems I have been experiencing involve the stick's movements not only controlling the X, Y, and Z axes but the throttle as well. In other words, when I pull back on the stick, my aircraft not only pitches up, but the engine power goes to 0%. Likewise, when I push forward on the stick, the nose of my aircraft pitches down and the power going to the engines increases to 100%. The problem has varied slightly throughout my troubleshooting, but generally stuck to the above mentioned theme. I have a PC with Windows 10 and have been using my stick with Microsoft FSX.

So far, I have tried re-calibrating the stick, plugging it into different USB ports, reinstalling the drivers, restarting my PC, restarting FSX, reverting all of the settings to default, and double checking that all of the axes correspond to only what they are supposed to and nothing else in FSX's control menus. I have also ensured that the switch on the bottom of the stick has been put on "PC." However, my problem has persisted and still haven't found any way to separate the X,Y, and Z axes from the throttle input slider. I also recently took off the bottom panel of the stick and cleaned the buttons to make them stop sticking and, although I did my best to be careful, I am wondering if there might be something I might have bumped or damaged that might be negatively affecting my controller.

I would really like to get this working so I can fly soon!

Thank you in advance for the help,

- Aiden

Archived