Flight planning recommendations

nbeauchamp

Hi all

I am about to do OLBA (Beirut) to OMDB (Dubai) and have been doing flight planning etc but I wondered if anyone had come across or knows of a flight planning website or tool that might help me plan the route avoiding conflict areas. I have been studying the flight on FR24 and the flight heads north before east to not overfly Syria.

As a last resort I will enter some NAV/VOR stations in the general direction I need to head but just wondered if anyone knew of a utility that might help with this or if there is somewhere where I could download real world flight plans for FS?

Appreciate any thoughts

Cheers

Nick

Long term FS9 pilot

I wondered if anyone had come across or knows of a flight planning website or tool that might help me plan the route avoiding conflict areas.

Hi Nick, I use Flightsim Commander from http://www.fscommander.com/ and import flightplans into it from RouteFinder at http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You do know that the sim will not fire ground-to- air missiles at ya, don't ya? Russian interceptors might be a problem though ..... rumors are they hacked into sim to down aircraft over "their" sphere of influence.

...... and if you believe any of this ......

Here's Your Sign!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do know that the sim will not fire ground-to- air missiles at ya, don't ya?

If you're using FSPassengers, yes it will! And you can designate your own conflict zones too - "Hey Joe, where you gonna run to now?";)

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Cheers Nick, FS Commander does generate it's own flightplans and has built-in links to RouteFinder and VATroute (the VATSIM flightplan portal) both of which are based on real-world airways and waypoints etc. Having imported your plan, you can then add SID's, STAR's, Transitions, alternative destinations etc., specify your departure/arrival gates & runways, and do fuel calcs for your flight before saving your plan in your selected format or formats. You can also track your own flight along with other online simmers or AI flights on the map in real time, along with WX info.

If you're using FSPassengers, yes it will! And you can designate your own conflict zones too - "Hey Joe, where you gonna run to now?";)

Well, don't need to run, as I have it on advice that it's only little toy soldiers firing little toy munitions at a virtual image formed by ethereal pixels upon a flat world.

Nothing to be afraid of here .... unless those pesky Ruskies are on the prowl again!

P.S.

Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to the Queen!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, don't need to run, as I have it on advice that it's only little toy soldiers firing little toy munitions at a virtual image formed by ethereal pixels upon a flat world.

Nothing to be afraid of here .... unless those pesky Ruskies are on the prowl again!

P.S.

Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to the Queen!

Well after there performance in the Euros this evening they certainly are on the prowl....! [emoji379][emoji379][emoji379]

Nick B

Long Time FS9 and AI traffic junkie ✈️

• 2 weeks later...

Archived