Crews

Here's something a little different in the way of screenshots. We have all kinds of great exterior shots of FS airplanes but you don't see too many of the crews that fly them for us so I thought it would be kind of fun to check some of them out.

This series shows how far crew graphics have come from the stick figures of early FS days. They're still not quite up to the graphic quality of aircraft but they're getting there. Military figures tend to be more detailed than airline pilot figures or civilian pilots because you can open up the jet fighter cockpits and get up close and personal to the military crews

[click on the images for a full screen view]

This Sky Simulations FSX DC-9 crew is ready for duty with their spiffy ties and TSA crew ID security badges

c3.jpg

A RNZAF instructor and student get ready for some practice in a Grob aerobatic trainer

c5.jpg

This Delta Connection CRJ-900 crew looks a little more laid back than the DC-9 guys

c2.jpg

The folks in this IRIS FSX Diamond DA-20 are definitely laid back!

c9.jpg

By contrast there's no joking around from the 2 Russian pilots in this Bear Studios FSX SU-27SK

c7.jpg

A U.S. Navy pilot and RIO get ready for takeoff in this Aerosoft F-14A Extended. Notice the nice detail down to the shoulder harnesses in place

c6.jpg

This Marine AV8B pilot is in a current issue desert tan flight suit with cammo helmet. Unfortunately he's not 100% Semper Fi correct because his helmet visor isn't down for takeoff and his shoulder harness isn't fastened - but he looks good :D:D

c8.jpg

The 2 Air Force crew members in this Golden Key Simulations FSX F-111E are very detailed down to the ever present U.S. Government issue black plastic ball point pens with silver pocket clips that you can see in their flight suit left upper sleeve pockets. Whoever did the modelling on these guys knows that these pens are standard fixtures in the flight suit pockets of all U.S. military aviators

c4.jpg

The Captain is ready for takeoff with his hands on the overhead throttles of this Fly Solomons Aerosoft DH6 Twin Otter

c10.jpg

The crew of this A2A FSX Accusim B-17G is accurately shown with the pilot in the correct World War II USAAF officers visor cap with an iconic "100 mission crush"

c1.jpg

Pity there's still no handsome airman like me! :rolleyes:

Yeah... pity. :rolleyes:

Interesting theme. I don't think I've seen the like here before.

Also, doesn't the Captain in the last shot looks suspiciously like a young Arnold Swcharzenegger?! — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Fine pics. of the aircraft crews Bill. you're right, we often don't think twice about the folks in the cockpit. :cool: :cool: :D

Oh yes, that second seat weirdo in that last shot is just a bit unnerving. are you sure he belongs there? He looks more like a scuba diver to me. :confused:

Larry

Kenny, Adam, Larry, John & Jan - thanks for looking and the good words

Nice to see the GENTEX HGU-33's in the Tomcat and the HGU-55's in The F-111, the helmets, modeled so well. Great perspectives Bill ! Mike ;)

Mike - thanks for the good words and the r/w info on the helmets

bill, that's an excellent subject for a post! a poorly done pilot figure can absolutely ruin an entire aircraft, no matter how nicely done otherwise. theres freeware and payware both I will never use for that reason, and its such a shame because theyre fine otherwise. on the other hand, well done ones can really enhance the realism and fun. u have some nice ones there!

Phil Colvin

Archived