Low FPS & bad textures

colko111

Dear helper,

Last night i uninstalled FSX (gold edition) because i had some freeware and I want my FSX clean.

After i uninstalled the game i tried to install it again.

I noticed it was going to take really long for some reason (otherwise it was done within an hour)

Today i tried to install it again and it took over 6 hours to install.

So I just set my settings like they were and started a free flight.

I directly noticed I had only 15 FPS (I had max FPS on) and I had bad ground textures.

Could anybody help me with what went wrong?

Yesterday I didnt have any problems but now after the re-install it's completely the opposite!

Thanks,

Colko111

-EDIT- : Nearly everytime I end a flight, FSX crashes. I did NOT have this before i re-installed FSX

Hi colko,

I'm not going to try to address all your problems as often my advice is ignored. You have a conflict with the way data is encoded on the fsx discs and some other software you have installed. The solution is to go into safe mode, copy the contents of both deluxe discs to a common folder and then copy the contents of the Acceleration disc to another folder.

Next, remove FSX completely following procedures outlined in numerous places. Google if necessary. It's often overlooked in these procedures but don't forget to delete the data in C, Program Data, Microsoft, FSX; the whole FSX folder.

Reinstall from the drive on which you copied the files; first "setup" Deluxe and then Acceleration.

Because of the size of the files a System Restore to a point prior to when you first uninstalled might be a waste of time. I, personally would try it anyway. It's obvious that during the reinstall that some file errors occurred and there may be files that are not only corrupt but in the wrong places. System Restore would likely be aware of these files and make corrections.

Jim F.

So... Shortly, your advice is to copy all the data from disc 1 and 2 to a map and than run the setup? And after that you install the acceleration the same way?

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Colko111

Hi colko,

I'm not familiar wit the term "map". If it's equivalent to folder or directory then yes. I, personally, created a folder called Deluxe and copied both Deluxe discs to it and created another folder called Acceleration and copied the files from that disc to it. It's important that this be done in Safe mode.

I recently had problems starting Safe mode by pressing F8 on startup so had to run msconfig and selected Safe on the boot tab.

As long as Windows is running good then there is still hope for FSX to run as before. You have to do some 'homework' and read posts as to HOW to uninstall FSX if you plan to re-install it to same hard drive(s) (plural because FSX puts files in C: hard drive even if you install FSX in another hard drive (D: or E: or whatever).

The easiest way to put things right is to go ahead and format your FSX drive but (of course) not if it's installed on the C: drive where Windows is. That will insure your install is 'clean'. Re-Start your PC to check that Windows is working good. Then install Deluxe (2 dvd's). Re-Start your PC. Then start FSX and fly 1 minute. Shut FSX down. Re-Start your PC. Then install Acceleration (1 dvd). Re-Start PC. Start FSX and fly 1 minute. Shut down FSX. Re-Start FSX and fly. Set Res, calibrate joy, etc. Tweak FSX cfg (see Nick's guide (Google 'Nick's FSX'). Go do activation. Done. Add your freeware. Enjoy.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Dear helpers,

A quick update. I just installed Acceleration the way it was discribed jandj and it went flawless. I directly started FSX and started a free flight. For some reason this fixed my FPS because it is over 100 fps now and I have no longer bad textures.

Thanks everybody for their efforts,

colko111

Archived