DTG Flight School = FSX ?

RatRace

I was expecting they build on the foundation that was Flight! Console gamers complain about remade games all the time, and yet they have significant improvements. Given how unstable Train Sim has been for me lately I don't have much hope for this anymore.

I was expecting they build on the foundation that was Flight!.

DTG ALWAYS stated that it will be based on FSX! Never on Flight!

It is pretty obvious when you think that they already started with FSX:SE!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

DTG ALWAYS stated that it will be based on FSX! Never on Flight!

It is pretty obvious when you think that they already started with FSX:SE!

I know but don't you feel it kinda foolish to pay anymore money for FSX:SE. I got my bugfixes. and that's great. But give me a bit more than a new view for the map and the hangar.

I myself was hoping for more fluidity and higher FPS w/ 64-bit. I think ultimately, nothing is ever going to get better for my rig until I ditch the AMD and replace it with an NVIDIA... but I'm just going by what I've heard most of the years gone by.

I hold out hope that things will get better, and maybe this could still be some sort of a God Send... but it's cautiously optimistic hope at this point.

Just downloaded it last night. I think it looks pretty good for a $15 world-wide flight sim for beginners. Had it at full graphic settings and found frame rates LESS than I get in FSX at slightly less than max settings - may have to back off a bit.

FSX was a step forward, when it came out in 2006. Here it is, 10 years later and it seems that the likes of DTG and even LM are side-stepping, instead of stepping forward, and it seems due in part to the fact that they are still working with MS FSX coding. I don't want to sound like I am contradicting, as I am a faithful user of P3D these days, but for what DTG has revealed in their Flight School sim, it does seem more of the same FSX that is a lot prettier and fancier. I DO like FS's interface, which is a departure (despite having a touch of a look of MS Flight), but when it comes down to it, I have to pass on it.

I like the ideas that DTG has for getting new people interested in flight, but the way they marketed it could have been better. It's as if they tried to mask the fact that they were building off of a sim they already had rights to, thinking new people wouldn't notice, but I have seen a lot of veteran simmers call them out on it. There was a long speech given at the recent convention by the CEO of DTG, and again, they way he presented things left me skeptical at best.

I hope I am wrong and DTG pulls through with something solid, stable and appealing for their upcoming full sim, but time will tell.

- James

Ah, Dovetail(s)! Something that I can really sink my teeth into!:D

Wait a minute......You mean this isn't the "woodworking" section of Flightsim.com??

Rats!

Are you trying to drive a wedge between DTG users and the rest of the flightsim community?

And please, don't call my name in vain, for we are legion.

Are you trying to drive a wedge between DTG users and the rest of the flightsim community?

And please, don't call my name in vain, for we are legion.

I work and fly constantly using wedge and edge! ;)

Apologies to Roy Underhill!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Well, supposedly Dovetail has, or will develop their upcoming flight sim engine that will have a unique platform and coding - perhaps the Flight School was just a way to dip their toes in the growing flight sim competition?

Well, this was unexpected........

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?16658-Taburet-Europe-Vector-Scenery-for-DTG-Flight-School

This is an add-on for the Dovetail Games Flight School software. You must have the DTG Flight School installed in order to use this software. This version is NOT compatible with FSX or Prepar3D. You can get the FSX version here.

A complete rebuild of DTG Flight School Vector scenery for the European Continent. This scenery will replace:

Shoreline

Rivers

Lakes

Roads

Traffic

Streams

Railways

Archived