FSX-SE Virtual Cockpit only

louw

I have just installed FSX Steam Edition on a new computer. Have been using FS 9 up till now. The aircraft only have virtual cockpits. I installed Cam-Sim B797 which does not have a virtual cockpit and therefore I have no cockpit when flying. I did a forum search for an answer without success. Must admit, I am not particularly computer literate.

Add-on question: Probably should have its own thread. In FS 2004 (9), I only need to click on the aircraft.cfg file to have it open. Now I get a message that says the computer doesn't know how to open that file. So I have to go the long way around by opening Notepad then entering the location of the file. Is there a short cut?

Well, it's a new PC, & it probably has not got anything set up as a default editor as yet.

Right click the aircraft.cfg, then 'Open with' then choose whatever text editor you want to use, then tick the 'Always use this app' box.

( I use Editpad lite as a text editor, but Notepad will work)

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I do not know about the FSX Steam Edition as I do not use it, strictly FA2004 myself; but when I was trying out the FSX demo there were seveal planes that came without 2-D panels. I was able to import panels from the FS2004 counterparts and get them to operate without issue. I can't believe FSX Steam would be any different.

Hello: The CamSim planes already come with a 2-D panel. However, FX-SE does not seem to have a program that runs them. I had no problems with FS2004. My old computer runs on Windows XP and has run out of disk space. I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and installed FX-SE. Everything works fine except for the lack of 2-D panels.

FSX:SE is no different than regular FSX. Use the "A" key to cycle through the views: 2d, vc, etc. If the aircraft has a 2d panel, it will show up.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

• 3 weeks later...
Hello and thanks for the information provided. I now have 2-D cockpits operating. I have installed some aircraft with virtual cockpits but these do not show up. I have four views showing by using the views button on my flight yoke. These are cockpit (2-D), tower, outside, and airplane view. The airplane view is where the virtual cockpit was in FS-9. I cannot find any place in Settings to change this.

Archived