Dove Tails Games Flight School-- best place to post?

b3burner

Will a separate section in the Flightsim.com forums be dedicated to DTG Fs? Or are we to include any questions or comments we may have on it in the FSX section, since it looks so similar to it by appearance?

Thanks,

-- John

I have an hour of time to spend simming tonight. Now what will I do? Kill services on my computer, futz around with FTX Central, get my shaders going, hit launch on FSX, hope it does launch in the next five minutes, pick a meaty flight, hope for no inexplicable CTD's over the next hour, and if I do get a CTD, spend another hour wandering around sim sites for this fix hiding in that section of that other cfg file OR will I fire up DTGFS, explore some more of its scenery with stellar FPS, and walk away from my computer knowing I've been entertained? That's an easy one.

No matter its relation to a piece of 10 year old software that is a dying fire whose embers developers are fanning with the money of people like me, DTGFS is a step forward and IMHO does deserve its own forum. I for one will not be buying anymore ORBX for FSX until I see how their relationship with DTG develops later this year. And heck if that NGS vaporware gets three sub-topics, then surely no matter how derivative (and P3D isn't??) DTGFS deserves a place here.

Tim

• Founder

Thanks for the reminder, I've set up a separate section for Dovetail Games in the forums. Please use that for Dovetail Games Flight School discussions.

Will a separate section in the Flightsim.com forums be dedicated to DTG Fs? Or are we to include any questions or comments we may have on it in the FSX section, since it looks so similar to it by appearance?

Thanks,

-- John

• 3 weeks later...

Hypercide made a good point about the relationship between DTG and ORBX, in that ORBX provided the scenery for the Flight School sim so what will that do for the full-blown sim, supposedly planned for the end of the year? Supposedly, ORBX has its own plans for continuing forward with a rather radical change in the way scenery is loaded into the sim, and ultimately, they'll have their own store, meant to be a "one-stop shop". I'm not sure I'm completely on board with that, as it doesn't provide the user/customer a choice.

As for DTG's future, I am sure it'll be profitable, but not sure if their path to creating a "new" sim, will be embraced by all. This is just my opinion here, but I'll sit back and wait to see what transpires.

- James

Archived