Hopeless Problem with my FSX

westway

Hopeless Problem with my FSX, I am getting "junk" when I open FSX, aircraft with only interior showing or no aircraft at all only the ground shadow of aircraft. When I attempt to change scenery I get scenery that shows up a "mess", see attachments. I have no idea what caused this to happen and I have no idea how to fix it, but as of now I can't use FSX without these issues appearing. Hoping someone can help me correct the problem.

That second picture almost looks like video card artifacts when over-clocking.

Does this happen in other games? If so, possibly damaged video card memory.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

It looks like texture tearing due to overheating of video card, or cpu. I see you are running Aero which might be a problem. I also see you have an Nvidia card. Perhaps you got the wrong (Beta?) video driver? If it's a new FSX install on a new computer did you update your chip set (Moboard) drivers first? It's not a terminal problem. It can be fixed. Just have to run DxDiagnostic (DxDiag) to find what is 'wrong'. Go from there. Or undo last to first until it is fixed (ie: Orbx scenery and weather programs). Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Perhaps you should of gotten a Radeon card (hehe).

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

What I did was several things, I reinstalled "all" my ORBX scenery, cleaned the registry and cache, lowered my graphics settings from high to medium, set my FXT setting from Global to North America and did a troubleshoot compatibility and reset it to recommended setting. Now having said all that, FSX tends to have a mind of it's own and I have found the same to be true with ORBX scenery, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for now

Pleased to hear that, but what was the solution?

The forum exists so we can share knowledge!

Archived