Well? Where is it? What day is today in Britain?

mabe5454

As I post this they still have 5hrs and 17min.....sigh.....waiting....waiting.....maybe they are still working on the stuttering problem.......
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Let's open the floodgates, and see what washes down the spillway...

Alan :rolleyes:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

It didn't take long for me to go to the Free Flight zone.

It should had included faster planes (for free).

On the GPS once you zoom out above 50 the blue (water) disappears and everything is black. Why as in what for??? No tea and cookies at 5pm for that/those guy/girl (s).

No Replay???? No tea and cookies for anybody in DTG for a month.

No maps and ergo no info on airport and runways. I am guessing I can get it from the GPS. Just guessing at this time.

Display too high for my prefer 1024 x 768 x 32. No way down as yet.

Blurries too closed to airplane so no way to ignore them since the transfer happens right under our noses (by the propeller). Annoying during flights and no place to hide.

A big hiccups closed to landings. Haven't seen them in FSX in a long time.

Good thing it kept FS keyboard key assignments.

Other than for the first one lesson takeoff (mandatory once only) the other lessons should be free for the choosing afterwards. Same for both, easy and hard.

ATC??? I leave it without comments. Hopefully EditVoice will go and take a crack out it.

No weather improvements that I can see or judge but even if it is still a fixed one they should had included BAD weather, I mean BAD one.

No AP why?

I better leave some for the rest of you to report.

Cheers,

What bugs me is that DTG reached out to the flight sim community, and obviously hand-picked prominent sim pilots for the alpha and beta builds, but yet ignored a lot of clamor from the bulk of the community who wanted to see changes happen with the new sim. It appears that DTG ignored a lot of what the community wanted and maybe that's why it's $15...a re-skinned, cleaned up version of FSX. Not that that is a bad thing, since FSX really did need an update but putting lipstick on a pig still makes it a pig.

On top of it all, they marketed this thing to be for beginners, yet they wanted feedback from so many who aren't. Did they think they would get something wrong, considering that they just worked off of the FSX template? I still stand by my prediction that DTGFS is a test to see if they can stand with the big boys when it comes time for them to release their DTGFS (flight simulator, not flight school). If I were relatively new in the flight sim world, coming off of FSX, this would be a welcome addition. I use P3D exclusively now so it'll be interesting to see what DTG has in store near the end of the year for their 64-bit sim.

- James

• 2 weeks later...

Archived