A320 Family Pack Autothrottle Problem

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed an A320 mega family pack for FSX. It's a freeware. Here is the download link on Rikoooo : http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/6/674

The package is very realistic actually. I noticed the awesome cockpit lights, more controls, nice MFD etc. It is almost like a payware. This package contains all A318, A319, A320 and A321 liveries.

But the developer of this package committed a mistake. When the plane reaches FL 250, the mach/TAS hold switch automatically turns into mach hold mode from TAS hold mode. Then the mach/TAS hold switch disables. The real problem starts now. The mach hold doesn't work. The throttle goes to full when mach hold activated. I cannot switch it back. The switch is not working.

I found that this is a fantastic freeware. I want this package. Anyone please help me solve this issue.

Thank you :)

Welcome to the forum!:) This is a place we can guarantee to make your head spin on your shoulders!;)

You stated MACH/TAS hold switch....I hope you have your Sim set to IAS or Indicated Airspeed. I will do a test this morning to see what's up. Be sure to have your Pitot Tube Heat on.

Did you read all of the comments by people having autopilot problems? Some said they had to make aircraft.cfg changes to make it work.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

OK, I did a test flight with one of the A-320 aircraft. The speed hold does, indeed, change automatically to MACH at flt250 and no way to change it back to KIAS. Keep in mind this is an aircraft that has modified gauges that are not 100% identical to the default A-321.

If having this situation really bothers you, if you make a couple of subtle changes to the panel.cfg in both [Window00] and [VCockpit02]

Substitute Airbus_A321!autopilot for A320_FD!autopilot then it should react how you want.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded the A320 Mega Package, so good, I follow normal procedure, but being on runaway to takeoff, the plane does not take off, or going from left to right, I try another model (737) and take off normal but when I load the A320 not take off, help please

It works fine for me but I had to read the manual first. F. D. threw some liberty gauges for auto spoilers during take off, 11 or 12 auto throttler steps for climbing to altitude, and the auto switch change IAS/MACH which should be at 24 not 25K feet, me think. In real life you just get an audio alert. Don't stall it cause it becomes hairy very quickly. I enjoy them.

Cheers,

Archived