Plane automatically crashes at gate.

zap51

There are a few airports where my plane crashes at the gate. It goes like this: I setup my flight plan . Pick the plane and airport then gate of my choosing. The as soon as my flight loads, boom! plane crashes and unless I exit out of FSX it restarts and the whole process repeats. Has anyone else encountered this and if so what fixes it.

When you say "My Plane" what aircraft are you talking about? Default or 3RD party addon? It may be contact points or something else. Try turning off "crash detection" in your settings.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I don't use "Crash detection" as it is unrealstic for the most part thus causing more grief than good. Ex. spawning at gate crash, silly ai conflicts etc.

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

With the crash detection off, spawn at that gate and jump to an outside view. First look to see if all wheels of the aircraft are on the ground, then look for any obstacles like baggage trucks, etc near the aircraft. You may need to choose another gate at this airport.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

With the crash detection off, spawn at that gate and jump to an outside view. First look to see if all wheels of the aircraft are on the ground, then look for any obstacles like baggage trucks, etc near the aircraft. You may need to choose another gate at this airport.

Another issue is invisible objects! Several times while taxiing I've had a "building crash" or similar problem when nothing was in sight in any view. It's tough to miss an invisible object! Usually I make sure I turn crash detection off after landing and then back on just before takeoff.

I prefer crash detection being on while flying. I'm not into bouncing off of things when I land low and slow or hit the side of a mountain. And from time to time, I even try to chase down and hit another airplane.:rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

There appear to be a myriad of solutions to this problem. They almost always seem to be on add-on aircraft. Rather than trying to wade through .cfg or .air files, I load up a "safe" plane at a different gate, then load up the problem plane. If the problem plane doesn't crash, save it as a "flight." Every once in a while even that didn't work for me. I just stopped using that plane and found another one as close to that one as possible.

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

My aircraft engines are already running when I set up. When the screen comes up there are cases when the idle may not be nil at first, and if you do not have your finger on the brakes, the ac will immediately creep into the terminal wall or objects (Such as the tow truck in front). Once I get a chance, the parking brake is engaged, and that solved my opening crash scenario. Yes, it happened to me quite a bit until I realized what was happening--and the cause is not obvious due to the milli second you get before the crash.

REDD

Archived