Modifying helicopters - remove doors

mhasselt

Hi All,

My thing is flying helicopters/rotor craft in FSX.

I would love to have some of the models modified so as to remove the doors. I.e the R22 and the MD 500d &e

how would I go about this?

I cant seem to find any such models on the free ware websites.

your help would be much appreciated,

Mick

You could try contacting the Creator, but I don't know how successful that may be.

Have you tried HoverControl?

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

He might contact Hovercontrol, but they can't help him either. What he wants is like cutting the roof and the back off of a van to make it a pickup.

The model parts are irrepairedly tied together. You can't just 'cut' the hinges and the door will fall off. It would take making a new model. And the modeler is not going to spend 400 hours to make a different version of a helio he already finished and released to the public. Just not going to happen. Deal with it.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi Mick,

If you really like Helicopters then get the Dodosim 206 - it offers the most realistic flight model available in FSX (thought the Hovercontrol ones are pretty good too) and a number of its variations come without doors.

The most fun helicopter flying I do is in the DCS world Huey - its absolutely wonderful. Also being able to fly the helicopter and get bullets on target adds a significant extra level of challenge. The flight model and detailed modelling are tremendous - you'll soon be grinning from ear to ear. DCS world is free with a good Mustang and a Frogfoot Russian attack plane and the Huey costs $50. You'll never regret getting it.

Cheers

Silver

CB,

I was suggesting HoverControl because, if memory serves, I recall seeing MD-5/600's without doors, as in the Military "Little Bird" variant...

Cheers!

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I have the chopper mentioned (The LittleBird) and it is a joy for ME to fly. Is it "realistic"? I can't answer that, having gone so far as to having sat in a Huey's cockpit ONCE, and in the cockpit of the Bell 47 they had out every Christmas time while I was growing up. Other than that, FSX and FS9 are the closest I've ever come to flying one. But it's a joy to fly.

Even hovers great without using the included "auto-hover gauge" :D

Hovercontrol has several MD500 types for FS9 and FSX both, several of which are of the military type without doors. Some even have a gunner sitting n the back seat, leaning out, like they showed in the movie Apocalypse Now, ready to turn loose with his '60 :)

"If I say it's safe to surf, it's safe to surf!!"

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

AN,

I suspect he doesn't want an 'Observation' helio but a 'DEVASTATION' Chopper- with no doors. The Huey comes to mind right away, of course. Then there is the Chinook - fully loaded. Then again maybe he wants something he can use to jump out off. But to pick a model and then modify it is not 'feasible', that's all I was saying. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I did not forget the Piper (but was hoping you did - hehe). My whole system has been going thru vast changes the last 3 months (New OS, new video card, new printer, new hard drive, etc) And right now I am hooking up my wheel and pedals to do some car racing. CYA.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

CB,

No worries... the more info the OP has at his disposal, the better!

RE: Pacer... I went ahead and pasted the Engine Info from Brian's Super Pacer, and it seems to work just fine! :D

Cheers!

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived