Help with AI traffic please

rosco290

Hi all, I recently upgraded to FSX from FS2004. In 2004 I used WOAI traffic, mainly because it was free and all my airports were always busy.

I've downloaded Just flight traffic 360 for FSX and after setting everything to max I'm still left a bit dissapointed with the amount of traffic. Heathrow looks almost deserted for example.

So, a few questions.

1. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to do anything to increase the traffic generated by traffic 360?

2. Can I download AI packages to add to traffic 360 and from where?

3. Can I run traffic 360 and World of AI at the same time to increase the amount of traffic?

Thanks in advance for any help

Just checking over the Just Flight Traffic 360 site and I find it difficult to believe, that with over 612,000 flight plans included along with a big slew of aircraft, that you are getting very little traffic at your airports.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Low traffic density has been a common complaint since FSX was released; I seem to recall comments that FSX adjusts density not only by the sliders but also by it's analysis of your computer power (if I understood it correctly). Additionally, traffic is limited by the available parking. Sometimes increasing the parking at an airport will also increase the traffic shown.

But YES you can (I do) use WOAI along with default/other addon AI packages but NOTE: WOAI flightplans are in FS9 format, if I remember correctly, and MUST be converted to FSX format to use with other existing FSX ai flight plans. You can use AI Flight planner (AIFP) to do this easily - it's free and available in the library here.

I brought all my old FS9 ai traffic over to FSX, including Ultimate Traffic, woai, military AI, GA ai and handmade local traffic AI.

good luck.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Thanks for the replies.

I found it hard to believe too after reading up on traffic 360.

Excellent news llivaudais, I've still got all my FS9 WOAI stuff on an external hard drive so will transfer it in and make the necessary changes :-)

Low traffic density has been a common complaint since FSX was released; I seem to recall comments that FSX adjusts density not only by the sliders but also by it's analysis of your computer power (if I understood it correctly). Additionally, traffic is limited by the available parking. Sometimes increasing the parking at an airport will also increase the traffic shown.

But YES you can (I do) use WOAI along with default/other addon AI packages but NOTE: WOAI flightplans are in FS9 format, if I remember correctly, and MUST be converted to FSX format to use with other existing FSX ai flight plans. You can use AI Flight planner (AIFP) to do this easily - it's free and available in the library here.

I brought all my old FS9 ai traffic over to FSX, including Ultimate Traffic, woai, military AI, GA ai and handmade local traffic AI.

good luck.

Loyd

Just a quick question about this, do I need to do anything with .bgl files? I've added some world of AI traffic but now traffic 360 has all disappeared. Any suggestions welcome.

Clarification:

I brought over all the FS9 AI traffic - any FS9 flightplans WILL/DID block FSX format traffic from showing.

I didn't want the default FSX (Orbit, World Travel, etc) traffic anyway so I had no conflict but if the Traffic 360 for FSX is FSX format you'll need to convert the FS9 bgl files to FSX format...

Gather all FS9 flightplan bgl's in one place; RUN AIFP and convert the whole batch to FSX format. You can choose to keep the original FS9 format files, or not, as you prefer. I think I remember keeping them but I'm not sure.

With AIFP you can select one file at a time to convert, select multiple files or process all in the folder. Do whichever you feel comfortable with. AIFP can also recognise which format the files are even if they're not obvious to us.

Default ai traffic is in Scenery\world\scenery - it is just 'moving' scenery and can be in any valid and active scenery folder so I usually make a couple of different folders so I can activate or deactivate specific traffic easily; I have a military, GA, WOAI, world traffic and a temp folder for initial testing.

Hope this clarifies.

L

Clarification:

I brought over all the FS9 AI traffic - any FS9 flightplans WILL/DID block FSX format traffic from showing.

I didn't want the default FSX (Orbit, World Travel, etc) traffic anyway so I had no conflict but if the Traffic 360 for FSX is FSX format you'll need to convert the FS9 bgl files to FSX format...

Gather all FS9 flightplan bgl's in one place; RUN AIFP and convert the whole batch to FSX format. You can choose to keep the original FS9 format files, or not, as you prefer. I think I remember keeping them but I'm not sure.

With AIFP you can select one file at a time to convert, select multiple files or process all in the folder. Do whichever you feel comfortable with. AIFP can also recognise which format the files are even if they're not obvious to us.

Default ai traffic is in Scenery\world\scenery - it is just 'moving' scenery and can be in any valid and active scenery folder so I usually make a couple of different folders so I can activate or deactivate specific traffic easily; I have a military, GA, WOAI, world traffic and a temp folder for initial testing.

Hope this clarifies.

L

Followed your instructions and used AIFP and all is well again. Thank you so much for your help.

you are welcome. Now if I can just figure out what I did to wipe out all my own traffic in FSX!.:(

L

It's back...must have been an FS9 flightplan still live somewhere so I'm good to go again.

I'm used to fairly high fps on this unit but when I added my Ultimate traffic back in and turned the traffic level up at an 'improved' airport (KPHX by Rob Touchtone) the TrafficToolBox said I had over 300 ac in the area and it seemed like a third of them were parked at Phoenix; no wonder I was down around 12-15 fps! Did look good though...

L

Archived