FSX Crashes whenever I use CYHM Scenery?

So I got this CYHM (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) scenery. I installed it correctly, and followed all the instructions in the read me. Then I activated it in the FSX scenery library and I restart FSX and I select my airport to be at CYHM. So then the loading takes place and at 100% it crashes and says: Microsoft FSX has stopped working. No matter how long I wait, for 30 minutes, it does not do anything, just shows the window with the stopped working thing on it, so I click cancel which closes FSX. Also, for some reason, even though if I start at CYYZ or CYTZ, it will still crash at 100%. Weird.

The scenery was made for FS2004, but I heard that FS2004 scenery and airplanes work in FSX as well so I expect it to work too. I got the scenery from here: http://flightontario.com/dl_fs9.html

So what's the problem? Any help please? And if this does not work, what are some other good CYHM sceneries for FSX?

Thanks!

...I heard that FS2004 scenery and airplanes work in FSX...

To be clear some FS9 scenery and airplanes work in FSX, not all of them.

More accurately, some scenery elements from FS9 work in FSX.

I tried the airport in FSX and it works OK, for the most part...

Capture.JPG

Note that I did not try the photoreal scenery or the AI that was included with the airport.

If you tried either/both of those, try it without them.

The major issues with using FS9 scenery in FSX are objects with transparency and terrain elements.

Airport Facility Data (AFD's or afcads) usually work and most scenery objects will work. Even old FS8-style ground polys will usually work.

YYZ and YTZ are close enough to Hamilton to be affected by the Hamilton scenery, if it is indeed causing you problems.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived