Problem with Bill Lyon's G-21 Goose

Athos420

Hi there guys and girls.

Can anyone help me fix this who had or still have this add-on and/or used or still use fs2004 with this add-on? I installed a month ago fs2004, and I started to collecting and installing mods, aircrafts. I installed the Grumman "Goose" G-21 by Bill Lyons and It has a CD-AM/FM Radio player inside the VC but It is not work for me, a window popping up everytime is click on CD player button and It says: "Audio Cd not installed" the name of the window is MCI ERROR. The AM and FM presets are working correctly.

I am using Windows 8.1 64bit

Mr.Zippy, first thank you for your fast answer, and yeah I have a CD in my driver.

Maybe there is no path or trigger line for the CD button in the .xml or gauge file, I think this will explain It, because I found the music files, there are 6 of them, and The plane plays only that 6. Now I am learning how can I modify the gauge and or xml files to get worikng the CD options and trigger musics to It.

But I have another question, It is possible to change the default CD player panel to this panel :AM-CD.jpg I searched It inside the whole FS9 folder googled It but nothing, and I doubt this image is part of the package for nothing. :D

I think I found a suggestion on a different forum. (Possibly by Rick?! Same Avatar.)

The suggestion is, find the gauge, and right click on it and in 'properties' select:

run in compatibility mode for windows XP SP2.

Post was about a slightly different error, and a different program, but may be worth a try.

(Or are you already using WinXP-SP2, in which case it would be kindof pointless.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi il88pp, thank you for your reply, but I can not find the compatible tab insede properties, after I right click on the .gau file. And FS9.exe already set to XP SP2 compatible. Can you link me that forum thread what did you mentioned above, maybe I can find some alternate fix or I don't know. But worst case I will create my own CD-player 3D and 2D panel, I've already made an Autopilot for helicopters, It couldn't be harder than that. :D Anyway thanks for the help guys I really appreciate It.

Have a look at: (right here at Flightsim)

This works very well & maybe perfect for you.

FS2002 - FS2002 Panels

FS2002/FS2004 Gauge--AM/FM Radio CD Player

[ Download | View ]

Name: radiocd4.zip

Size: 95,332 Date: 11-18-2003 Downloads: 4,301

FS2002/FS2004 Gauge--AM/FM Radio CD Player. A simulated 12 channel push button AM/FM radio for playback of music, recorded broadcasts and the like for ambiance and general entertainment while flying. MP3/WMA/WAV/MID file playback, using DirectShow technology. Unit also controls audio CD player playback from within the cockpit. New features allow users to right click channel presets to program up to 12 songs using a Windows common dialog interface. By R.L. Clark.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

zswobbie1 Thanks for your help, I will give It a try. Do you know how can I add new songs to the setlist, or How can I increase the number of available tracks? It is not important, I can make a copy of my songs I want to listen, rename the copy to match with the original sound file and replace It.

Maybe this, from Avsim..

Audio Player Configurator 1.50

File Description:

This program lets you add an HTML/JavaScript media player (audio and video) to any aircraft automatically. It also features a Playlist Editor for making MP3 playlists to load into the player. Supports MP3, WAV, ASF, MPG, AVI, WMV, and many other formats. Easy to use and very powerful.

Filename: apc.zip

License: Freeware, limited distribution

Added: 14th September 2003, 01:20:50

Downloads: 6243

Author: Tim Pinkawa

Size: 56kb

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I don't think the thread will help much.

The impression I got from some of the threads is: MCI Error is related to MCI, (Media Communication Interface or something, I forget...) which was part of Windows XP.

Software that used audio output and input that worked on XP does not work on later operating systems. Because the newer OSses don't have MCI on board any more, they handle audio differently.

Sometimes an older program can be made to work by running in Windows XP SP2 mode. S in that thread the recommendation was to set the exe to start in XP Sp2 mode.

I didn't check earlier, but I tried just now and you're right. No way to set a .gau to start in XP2SP2 mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank You all Your suggestion, after My daily morning biking training, I've tryed all.

And now I know what you say il88pp.

zswobbie1 I downloaded both add-on You suggested, the Audio Player Configurator 1.50 didn't want to start, I downloaded It from here, It said when I clicked to the installer exe: "File may have been damaged, or was corrupted." or something like that. But the radiocd4.zip file works very well, It doesn't support the CD driver but that's because of Win 8.1 not have MCI system, but the setable am/fm 6 preset buttons are just fine, I crate one hour or two hours long play lists, and set them.

I am really greatfull for Your response, and have a nice weekend for all of You, and have a nice flight too.

Pleasure. I have collected a HUGE library of add-ons over the years & occasionally go through them to remind myself what I've got & realising how amazing Fs2004 still is, after so many years. I also collect cars, boats, trains & other funny stuff for the sim. I have a large collection of fire trucks as well. I'm a great supporter of freeware developers, & will try most things that they do for us. I also drop them a line to say thank you, & have had great chats.

Anyhow, a great week-end to you as well.

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Archived