Problem after updating Nav Data

BillTheSlink

I now have a serious problem with my P3D. I updated the nav data of P3D itself at this site: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html. I then ran an update of nav data for my Aerosoft Airbus series FMC with Navigraph. Now, even though my my nav radio is tuned to the correct ILS frequency of a runway I want to land at according to the display, I never pick up a glide slope indicator and the Airbus follows a track directly parallel to the right of ever runway I try to land at. It also will not auto land. Can anyone give guidance on what to do at this point?

I now have a serious problem with my P3D. I updated the nav data of P3D itself at this site: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html. I then ran an update of nav data for my Aerosoft Airbus series FMC with Navigraph. Now, even though my my nav radio is tuned to the correct ILS frequency of a runway I want to land at according to the display, I never pick up a glide slope indicator and the Airbus follows a track directly parallel to the right of ever runway I try to land at. It also will not auto land. Can anyone give guidance on what to do at this point?

What airport and runway, some ILS's are problems in FSX and P3D even after using Navaids.

Try UN installing the update?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

What he said.

You cannot just update the navdata without updating everything else to match. You can't just pick and choose.

Uninstall and match everything again. If you want to update individual airports use a downloaded replacement - freeware or payware.

What airport and runway, some ILS's are problems in FSX and P3D even after using Navaids.

Apparently it has turned out to be a total fluke that the one airport that seems to be messed up is my "home" airport, KCVG. The runways affected are runways 18/36 Left and right. I tried a couple of short hops to other airports last night and they were fine. It appears that I just got unlucky and found the one airport that isn't right in either the update to P3D or the third party add-on. I can live with it until the next cycle comes out. I will just have to work around it.

Try UN installing the update?

Pat☺

I am not sure how to uninstall either update. There are no directions at either site. Also, it turned out to be two runways at a single airport (so far) so I hope it will be corrected next cycle.

Frequently auto-installers come with UN installers too. Check your Control Panel>Programs and Features button. Look down through the list of installed programs for the ones you had to install for the nav data, and if you find it listed, try RClicking and select UNINSTALL. It's worth a look, maybe :)

If it's just that one airport you've found, you are aware that for various reasons some airports have what's called offset ILS. What you installed may now be correct, actually, for that airport.

I just checked AirNav, and there is a separate ILS and localizer for each of the three 18/36 runways. Could you possibly be using the wrong freq for the runway you want, say 18L instead of 18C? Maybe you're aiming at 18L for example, but are using the ILS for 18C?

Just a thought...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Uninstalling is not so easy with the Sors navaid update. This is not like any other addon, it alters the base scenery bgl files inside the simulator. Unless you made a full backup before applying it, there may be no way to go back to default - except reinstalling the simulator.

From the sound of it, your ILS frequencies are wrong/out of sync/have been broken. If you are using the default KCVG you could take a tour through ADE to adjust the navaids for those runways yourself. There's not much to it.

I'm sorry to say it is incorrect but may be you didn't have a look at it. Navaids updates come with an Uninstall function (Uninstall button on software screen) that will restore ALL sim files to what they were before installing (using backup that is automatically performed when installing). So there is no need to backup files by yourself and no risk you have to reinstall the sim Please refer to documentation especially chapter 3. The same is true for ILS/Rwy regional updates. Hope it will put everybody's mind at ease.

Uh, I'm sorry, I should have worded that differently. I know that you provide an uninstaller, I have used your excellent product myself. I just assumed that, as the OP has problems, he might have done something else on top of updating the navaids. That is why I wrote that there may not be a way back. And I wanted to convey that IMHO it is a good habit to run a full backup of the simulator before you start tinkering with it.

Archived