windows updates issues.

CessnaFlyer

hey guys. I have a problem with my desktop computer I want to check for updates to make sure every thing is up to date. but when I go to the windows update it just says checking for updates and that seems to be it. it's not frozen cause I see the green bar going for the check. but the bits service and the windows update service seem to change them self's with out me having to do it. the bits goes to manual and is not running but the automatic updates says it's running? any one have any ideas?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

I was lookinfg for info on an update a few days back, and came across info that kb 3138612 can help with this.

I tried looking it up again, and found sevaral sites recommending a combination of that update, and KB 3145739

I have both installed and no Win10 offer stuff.

Also have no issues with Winupdate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well I tried those two and they did not work either. I got the same thing. it says checking for updates. but like I say it's like it's not finding any thing. but I went to windows updates for my new laptop and it worked just fine. I did a reformat on my computer to get a bunch of junk out that I downloaded and stuff like that. does fsx need the updates in order to work? cause I remember when I had that start up issue with fsx with out the updates. cause if I would take a few days off and come back fsx would not start. but with the updates in it did not do that

So you reinstalled Win7.

All I can say about that is that the first time it searches for updates this can take very long. It finds so many the first times you run winupdate....

I think I remember it saying 'found 128 updates' the first time I ran it. (And that was two years ago.)

Just thinking, did you set it to "automatically download and install" perhaps? Because then it may be installing them in the background. (It would then popup a "restart required" message after a while.

(and eventually it will send you the win10 offer as well)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and eventually it will send you the win10 offer as well

From what I have read it will eventually try to jam win10 onto your system :p

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

From what I have read it will eventually try to jam win10 onto your system :p
yes sir it did put that in there. cause I let the updates go over night. but if you go to the uninstall updates and look for 3035583 you can remove that. and that's the offer for windows 10:p

A tip for the future when doing a re-install of the OS...........

Download the relevant Service Packs (SP) for the OS. Basically the SPs contain the majority of Critical and Important updates that have been released since the OS was released. Whilst they don't contain all of the updates, installing them will mean that when you run update for the first time after the re-install there will be less updates required.

SPs are also available for MS Office. You will also probably need to ensure that you have the latest drivers fro your video card, etc.

For more info on SPs and links where you can obtain them see http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termss/g/servicepack.htm

Regards

Brian

Guest lavochkin
Windows upgrade never works very well. I recommend you do a clean install with reformating your hard drive.

actually I get all my OS drivers and updates from Microsoft as well as for my controllers. but as far as the drivers for my graphics I get those from NVidia. as I do not like the graphic drivers from Microsoft. I also get drivers for my monitors through them.

• 2 months later...

this are the tools i needed to get rid of this never ending search for win update

start repair from the first link:

http://christians-steffen.fr/telecharger/winupdatefix/?wpdmdl=7097

https://download.microsoft.com/download/A/0/9/A09BC0FD-747C-4B97-8371-1A7F5AC417E9/Windows6.1-KB3102810-x86.msu

Its the best i found, and it solved my update issues.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is a fix I found for windows update taking forever to find updates after I installed a new HDD & reinstalled win7 sp1.

If you have had to reinstall Windows 7 SP1 for any reason & are experiencing problems searching for windows updates, the problem lies in the windows update client, to fix this, download & install KB3020369 & KB3161608 (which will install a new windows update client) after installing you need to select "Never Check For Updates" for your windows updates, restart pc & then go into your windows update & select the prefered option for how you want to recieve updates, select check for updates & it should soon display the latest updates if you have selected "seach for updates but let me choose which ones to install" option which I use, if not it should start downloading & installing the latest updates.

I had posted this in another forum here, obviously the wrong one?

well I would not know if this is the right forum or not only the moderators would know that. but thank you for the information sir. the next time I have to reformat or something I will try this. thank you sir.

Both links are direct downloads for Windows update fixes

both OK , no viruses.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived