had to get a new laptop:)

hey guys. I had to get a new laptop computer last night. because the dell I had with windows 8.1 has died and the new one I have is a lot better. the speakers on it are waaayy bigger. and it is much faster then the other one was in terms of the processor speed. it has windows 10. but it's ok it is some what similar to windows 8 I think any way.
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Good to hear, have fun with your new toy!

I had a lot of fun a while ago, playing with a freinds win10 Laptop for a week. That was a bit of an oldie and not very fast. But I did have a lot of fun getting it to run halfway descent.

Removed 10 virusses, using AVG-Rescue-Disk, and then free Panda Cloud Cleaner. Made the browsers offer a download location choice instead of plunking everything in the default folder. Installed Firefox. Ran a "sfc /scannow" just in case. Disabled a string of useless startup programs. Removed a couple of expired trial versions. Downloaded the install files for win10 to usb just in case. Installed a free Image Program and made an image, etc, etc.

Only thing I wasn't able to do in win10 was to remove personal info from camera pictures. Didn't find a solution, but I did come up with a workaround.

Menu's in win10 were well hidden, but eventually I found the control Panel. I quickly created a shortcut to it on the taskbar, And then things started to look up.

Another thing that was well hidden was the bios (and the related "boot from usb" option). Found a solution there as well. Now It boots offering 'press F2 to enter Bios /F12 to enter Boot options" again.

Despite not even being multi-core, it's now a nice workable box. Fun.

Happy flights,

il.:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes i am loving this thing. the screen in nice and bright and stays that way unlike the dell I had. it has the same amount of ram and storage. but a smoking fast processor. it has bigger speakers and even comes with games I can play while waiting for microsofts updates that keep me on the ground when I would rather be in the air. lol
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Archived