Instant Scenery Road Traffic

usb777

I was curious, is there a particular folder that is better to save any Instant Scenery road traffic in? Like actually placing the complete file in say the World/scenery folder as to any other Add on Scenery folder. Or doesn't really matter. I did create an Instant Scenery Car Traffic folder just for all the road traffic.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

• 5 weeks later...

save it where IS wants to. Should be in your active scenery. Keep it all together, not all over FSX. This way if you ever decide to delete this scenery... you won't have many residual files everywhere to hunt down.

Beware of people who tell you to put this here and that way over there and on and on because it does this or that.... I once worked for 3 weeks with a fellow who followed these kinds of suggestions. Things did not show up in his scenery, FSX ran slow, objects were black due to textures not in the right place.

Keep everything pertaining to your active scenery IN that scenery... clean, concise, easy to find.

Sounds like you have some darned good things going. Bob

Yes nice but with lots of luck and good advice like some you just gave me. Some beg to differ but FSX isn't just a flight simulator to me but much more being able to add things and push the envelope like running my water maxed out!. I have learned a little about those textures not really being in the best spot as well. I really like the airport traffic as well like the fuel trucks but I leave them turned off, they really push the processor!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

usb-Looks like your machine is very good!

Questions- Do you make your own objects ... might be using Gmax, FSDS, Sketch Up, etc.

and do you have the free program ModelConverterX?

I usually run water rather low, but all the other sliders just above... I run to the max.... better looking terrain that way. Notice the slider something called Global texture??? Run that all the way to the right... this allows mip maps to take effect... clearer looking buildings etc.

clouds above simple 50 mi can dig into frames. vehicle traffic I usually run about 5%... boats etc 1 or 2%

What really hurts frame rates is draw calls!!!!!!

if you make your own items try to put all textures on one texture sheet rather than a bunch of little ones like we used to do n FS9.

If you can't or forget, you can always take your library to ModelConverterX (MCX) and fix things there.

Someone once sent me an FS9 scenery of his... very well done but my frames 4 4....9...etc!!!! I took the libraries of his to MCX and did a drawcall procedure to each item in each library. When I was done my frame rates went to 36...68....50... 78... etc. Quite a diff!!!

If you wish- I am on Skype as Robert Lacy (there seem to be many- I am the one in IONE, Washington.) So much can be done when on line and share screens.

Retire school teacher, flyfisher, old ski instructor, fair to poor golfer, bass player, and now and then just a plain old horse's ass. ;) Bob

Archived