Addon Scenery

pilgrim2

Hi,I lost all my Addon scenery in Fs 9, the sceneries show up in the scenery library and are all check marked, also in the Addon folder in Fs 9, they are all there but they don't show up in the program.

Thanks for any help

Walter

Try going to the scenery library, deactivate the sceneries, reboot, reactivat them, reboot, then they should be there. This keeps everything in your existing scenery library listing.

Plan B is to delete them from the scenery library, reboot, add them in, reboot.

Best of luck,

Robin

P.S. you went from XP to Windows 7?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Get the following freeware tool Scenery Config Editor (found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/).

Its a great tool that works for both FS2004 and FSX and can help you identify problem areas. Take time to read the included readme file as it gives some great tips. It also allows you to activate/disable scenery from outside of the sim - next time you start the sim it automatically updates the sim scenery database. It even has an option to do a 'batch' update of multiple scenery folders located within a single higher folder - i.e. if your scenery setup is based on a series of folders under a root folder - say, for example, something like C:\Addon Scenery\UK airports and C:\Addon Scenery\USA airports. you can use the tool to individually activate the UK or USA folders or you can tell it to activate everything under Addon Scenery. It will read both UK and USA folders and they will be activated as separate folders in the priority list.

Regards

Brian

Walter,

Have you tried the tool I suggested. When your first install it, it reads the scenery.cfg file and creates a list of what it finds there. It will then highlight problem areas.

Another option to try, if you have not done so, is to simply delete (or rename) the current scenery.cfg file. When the sim is started it will create a new one based on what it finds.

Regards

Brian

Another option to try, if you have not done so, is to simply delete (or rename) the current scenery.cfg file. When the sim is started it will create a new one based on what it finds.

Bad idea, FSX will rebuild the scenery.cfg, FS9 will not.

If you delete the FS9 scenery.cfg FS9 will not start.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 3 years later...

A bit late to write this now but maybe someone else will read it and benefit.

When I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 I first downloaded my entire FS9 to a back up hard drive.

I then installed Windows 7, and then installed FS9 from discs as a new installation to C/FS2004. I checked it, and it worked.

From the back up hard drive I then replaced the entire contents of the new C/FS2004/ folder with my original installation with all the add on scenery, some 700 airfields and/or scenery areas at a guess.

It all worked.