Saitek Hardware Shortages

Egsjr1956

I am posting this for information to anyone that is interested and wondering why the shortages. I received this email. I have been waiting three months for a extra throttle set.

Your Saitek Pro Flight Order

Thank you for your order of the Saitek Pro Flight simulation hardware. This email is an update to the status of your order and is the most current information we have available. We promise that as new information becomes available we will email you again promptly.

Saitek started the process of physically moving their entire manufacturing factory in late 2015 and had to completely shut down production which has caused massive shortages in the market.

Some stuff is now shipping!

Until very recently, Saitek had not shipped any new inventory, to any retailer, in 2016. However, in the last 10 days we have finally started to see some product rolling into our warehouse. This is great news and very encouraging!

We have received shipments of enough Instrument Panels to get through about half of our backorders, and enough inventory to fill ALL pending orders of the Cessna Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, Multi-Panel, and Radio Panels (all of which are now available for immediate shipment).

When will the rest of the Pro Flight Gear ship?

Saitek has informed us that most of the other Pro Flight gear, including the rudders and yokes, will be shipping sometime between late May and late June.

What can you do now?

•You can continue to wait. Your current order will hold place in line. We never charge until the day we ship so you can cancel or change your order at any time prior to shipment. All orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We'll continue to provide the best updates that we can.

•You can cancel you order by REPLYing directly to this email. All cancellations must be done in writing via email and we will confirm the cancellation in writing. Nothing will be charged or shipped in this case.

•If you are just looking for Yoke and/or Rudders, you can change your order to something from CH Products. We have all CH Product flight simulation hardware in stock. Just reply to this email and we'll make the change for you.

Again, all orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis and you can cancel at any time prior to shipment.

As we receive updated information from Saitek with new dates or information, we will pass that along to all of our customers with an open order.

Best Regards,

Scott Pricer

Customer Service Manager

And, the Crew at MyPilotStore.com

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Wow, that really stinks. I had the Saitek throttle quads at one time and didn't like them at all. The pots went bad on them after about a year. I trashed them and went with the CH throttle quad. It hasn't failed me in several years now. I do have a back-up CH throttle quad just in case :) The Saitek rudder pedals and yoke were bought at the same time in 2007. The rudder pedals are still working great but I replaced the yoke with a VRinsight yoke, which is FAR better. I bought everything from Flightsim Pilot Shop :)

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I'm sorry if you misread my thread. I am not complaining about anything. I was just making reference to the shortages of hardware. CH products have a delay, also. Their reason I am not sure of.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Oh I didn't take your post as a complaint...I went on a tangent beyond the scope of the subject :)

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Archived