Less Paint : Faster Aircraft

Wanted to test how much faster my Cessna is with less paint...

Flight Simulator 9

KSAN to KLAX

Oceanside

001 Oceanside.jpg

Lake Elsinore

002 Lake Elsinore.jpg

KLAX FlightOps

003 KLAX FlightOps.jpg

Mystery Science Theater 3000

004 Mystery Science Theater.jpg

Heavy Lifting

005 Heavy Lifting.jpg

More Fun Than a Movie

006 More Fun Than A Movie.jpg

Distances

007 Distances.jpg

One or two knots faster? :oP Nice pics!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Super shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Looks like you removed the paint from the tarmac too. Taxiing must be twice as fast now!!;):D

That's interesting you said that. I used to change some textures around but the work that Cloud9 did is so nice, I never wanted to change a thing. Really artistic stuff and irreplaceable.

nice pics, did you notice and improvement or what>?

I did indeed, and there was also a positive and unexpected health component with the speed increase. The flight from KSAN to KLAX in now so fast, I consumed one less cup of coffee during the flight. My in-flight meal service is down (sleeping on the job) during late night treks and the kitchen is too far away to maintain radar contact when in IFR :)

But lots of fun, nevertheless!

I know removing the silver paint from an early Mercedes racing car got it to pass tech inspection (it had been overweight), but I very seriously doubt that removing paint from a computer model aircraft would result in any weight reduction or speed enhancement. Want to be believed? Post documented findings that prove your point.

I know removing the silver paint from an early Mercedes racing car got it to pass tech inspection (it had been overweight), but I very seriously doubt that removing paint from a computer model aircraft would result in any weight reduction or speed enhancement. Want to be believed? Post documented findings that prove your point.

Ha and don't I wish. I mean, how many people have you met who test rounding factors for the fun of it. I suppose you're right though. maybe the speed increase was all in a dream. But I did drink once less cup of coffee. You know, Wayne Sinker's repaint is really nice and is just as fast as mine. The only difference is he has far more skill then I do!

NC182 - BlueTeal.jpg

Archived