Any known issues using channel pro rudders with a mad catz 5 stick

dayshaddow

bit of a weird problem ladies and gents.I got fsx(steam edition)and a mad catz 5 stick back in september 2015 and all was perfect until my channel pro rudders arrived two weeks back.I was working on the the heli training mission 12 i believe doing a few speed runs to beat a personal best when the stick died in flight.a restart did not fix,different usb port or reinstalling the drivers windows 7 has disabled it because it was reporting errors :mad:I

ordered a new stick and the same thing just happened again

any help would be great please

I seee the stick has a twist-rudder. You use rudder pedals too.

Could that be causing a conflict? Two inputs through onechannel at a time...

How did you set this up? Did you use registered fsuipc to set this up?

(Just asking what pops in my head, don't have that stick myself, and don't have rudder pedals either.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you for the reple.i have narrowed the issue down to windows with an error code 43.it appears windows faulsly repoerts a device as faulty then disables it.I did all the stuff found on youtube to fix said issue and the manufactors of the stick had me editing the registry y but sady no help.

grounded :(

Just to be sure, did you try using the stick with the rudder pedals disconnected?

------------

Something else to try perhaps, view device manager (in control panel, system, system, device manager) and click View, then enable "View hidden devices".

Hidden devices will show up greyed out.

By switching between show hidden/ hide hidden, you can get a clearer picture of whats what.

Look for something that's hidden and looks related to the joystick.

Then concider removing that device (in there).

But first right-click that and see info.

View the error code, look that up, and decide what to do.

I had a phone that showed up as hidden and said not connected, error.

I then removed that device in device manager.

(The phone did show up correctly elsewhere in the list as well.)

After removing the hidden device, the phone was suddenly connected properly again.

It basically showed up twice. Once as Nokia (not further specified, greyed out.)

And once as nokia type correct and everything.

When connecting things went wrong each time. Didn't charge, pc got very slow.

I did the steps of checking and removing device while phone was not connected up. And after removing the greyed out one, I connected and everyting like charging and such was ok.

It had all started because the pc had crashed while I was connecting the phone for the first time, it crashed while the driver was installing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to add, don't just go blindly removing all hidden devices you find. Just what you need to fix the issue.

(I only found out about this option yesterday myself, and that's the advice I saw. Seemed sound advice.)

Edit:

Another thing I thought of, try the stick (only the stick) in a different pc. If that windows can detect and use it ok, and you can run it's calibration menu, at least you know the stick isn't defective.

That will help narrow it down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived