Well, let's get to it...

mabe5454

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbWhneKEF6U

I don't see the moving forward in it. Still no bouncing on the air or on the ground (Ezdok effect). Scenery is in more detail for sure. But, is it all just photoreal? Why not showing/using panning during landing? I can't shake off the feeling of short changing.

Comments?

Cheers,

PS: Let's be civilized about it please.

The biggest problem I see it that the stuttering is just as bad as FSX or P3D. If the full sim is as bad as that you can count me out for sure. That's as civilized as I can get given that it's a real disappointment.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

OK. What can I tell you. I've downloaded the video in all it's 1080p, HD, 60 FPS glory. As I write this I'm watching it on an Asus PA248Q monitor at 1920x1200 with a 60Hz refresh. And...........

It stutters...I don't know how anyone can call this "as smooth as silk"...

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

The biggest problem I see it that the stuttering is just as bad as FSX or P3D. If the full sim is as bad as that you can count me out for sure. That's as civilized as I can get given that it's a real disappointment.....

Doug

What stuttering? a slight flutter in the recording is normal won't be visible in the sim. NO AUTOGEN POPUP! FINALLY bye bye FSX and all the other related garbage! I won't buy FlightSchool but when the full sim arrives I am IN! .. I must say it does look even better than Microsoft Flight, the addition of Orbx FTX is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbWhneKEF6U

I don't see the moving forward in it. Still no bouncing on the air or on the ground (Ezdok effect). Scenery is in more detail for sure. But, is it all just photoreal? Why not showing/using panning during landing? I can't shake off the feeling of short changing.

Comments?

Cheers,

PS: Let's be civilized about it please.

Is definitely not photoreal.

I guess we'll have to just agree that one man's flutter is another man's stutter. Whatever we want to call it, I'm not buying until it's fixed.....The early adopters will sort it all out.

Doug

I guess we'll have to just agree that one man's flutter is another man's stutter. Whatever we want to call it, I'm not buying until it's fixed.....The early adopters will sort it all out.

Doug

LOL take a look at some youtube videos. Any recording will have some stutter in it.

You have to let go of the past and move to the future.....Microsoft Flight was the future but people kybashed it because of lack of quantity and content. It has no autogen popup...heck the trees even sway in the wind.

No autogen popup what so ever in this vid...looks good. Lets not forget this hasn't even been released yet...they are still tweaking it.

I watched video in 720p and full screen and there was no stuttering anywhere. What there IS is pause (see gray on timeline). Pause it for 20 seconds and it will load the video so you can watch without the pauses. And it sure wasn't photoreal as there is TOO much autogen. So it could be your system specs (or DSL speed) that causes those flutters, not the video itself, which was perfect in my book. Buy Flight School? What $99 (ha)? I don't think so.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

From what people are saying in the youtube vid's comments section, Flight School comes with all the OrbX world scenery free. This guy in particular raises some good points-

"So, for $15 you get three GA aircraft, world wide ORBX scenery, 64bit enhancement and general tweaking, not to mention the training mission packs. That is a lot of content for $15 that will last you many more hours than a movie with popcorn or going out to eat. This is an evolutionary step toward the full simulator. They need feedback on this game to make decisions for the release. I love all the critical thinking and constructive feedback most people are giving, but for $10 less than fsx, when ORBX global base alone costs over $70. For a base game, it looks really good."

for a 64bit that is simply no btter than my current fsx.

yes i do have a good rig, yes i do have extensive scenery add ons , orbyx vector global plus regions and many airports, rex OD etc etc .

But this is simply not pushing a 64bit architecture at all?

Im not disappointed as i expected such.

Im guessing p3ds 64bit all still be the best big step in flight summing and that is still some way off?

not for me. .

From what people are saying in the youtube vid's comments section, Flight School comes with all the OrbX world scenery free. This guy in particular raises some good points-

"So, for $15 you get three GA aircraft, world wide ORBX scenery, 64bit enhancement and general tweaking, not to mention the training mission packs. That is a lot of content for $15 that will last you many more hours than a movie with popcorn or going out to eat. This is an evolutionary step toward the full simulator. They need feedback on this game to make decisions for the release. I love all the critical thinking and constructive feedback most people are giving, but for $10 less than fsx, when ORBX global base alone costs over $70. For a base game, it looks really good."

Flight School will be more similar to FSX:SE than to the un-named Flight Simulator due later, except locked down with no official addons, no multiplayer, etc. It's a strictly entry level product. Plus the training missions appear no more detailed than those already in FSX or Flight, tbh.

The bigger news is that the unnamed Flight Simulator coming later will also have OrbX but we don't know how much it'll be yet.

i5 4670K - 16GB - GTX970 HOF - W7

Hopefully there will be a keyboard series that mute Mr Instructor cause I can anticipate we not getting along for long. Once I know the objective he/she better bail out fast and leave me along. I'll do the rest.

Cheers,

LORD HAVE MERCY CHILD!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???!!! "So, for $15 you get three GA aircraft, world wide ORBX scenery, 64bit enhancement and general tweaking, not to mention the training mission packs."

And if Santa doesn't see a chimney on your house, he finds an unlocked window to climb through on Christmas Eve.!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

So, for $15 you get three GA aircraft, world wide ORBX scenery, 64bit enhancement and general tweaking, not to mention the training mission packs

Noone said that ORBX scenery is world wide. They are using the Orbx global textures and probably the trees, and three airports are highly detailed - with no option of expanding. If we are lucky they put Vector in the mix and maybe the Pilots mesh. But I somehow doubt it, not at that price tag. The training mission packs are actually the main feature of the product, I expect the "free flight" to be rather dumbed down.

TBH I don't understand the "but but but" comment. To me it looks exactly like FSX. And IIRC that is precisely what DTG said that they are doing - recompile FSX to 64 bit and close it down for addons.

The DTG PA-18 appears to have an ASI calibrated in MPH.

Yes,

That's my point. FSX, like the planes I flew RW, uses procedures expressed in knots with perhaps a secondary gauge card for those who want to compare to MPH or possibly in some aircraft, I have no idea, KPH.

Another example which I consider to be an incorrect rip-off of FSX. So yes, that's another reason it's not FSX.

FSX, like the planes I flew RW, uses procedures expressed in knots

Did you ever fly a Cessna 150? The flight manual describes all the procedures in MPH. Or a PA-18? That flight manual describes all the procedures in MPH as well.

I don't use the FSX missions but I expect they are scripted according to the aircraft they are flown with.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Did you ever fly a Cessna 150? The flight manual describes all the procedures in MPH. Or a PA-18? That flight manual describes all the procedures in MPH as well.

I don't use the FSX missions but I expect they are scripted according to the aircraft they are flown with.

No, neither one. Though there are probably other, especially older planes done that way as well. But if that be true, I don't recall seeing them.

The PA-18 in FSX is gauged in knots with a mph gauge in the background. I was comparing the FSX PA-18 to what I was told the DT PA-18 had.

The claim I tried to address was that DT was exactly like FSX. It is not.

Archived