I got UT2 installed.

alexzar14

First impressions - I like it, flaps drop in JFK with setting over 30% but elsewhere fine at even 60%. It does use Aardvark models but for airliners only, not for regionals, I see the ERJ-135/145 is not what I had when I used WOAI and is inferior. Ok this is just the impressions, my main thoughts and concerns are:

1. Strange display of traffic I get even if I set it to 100%, it is not as dense as I see on photos and videos. Sure, I don't need it at 100%, I get some traffic at various hub airports like JFK, LAX, EGLL EDDF, but the problem shows at other not so big airports in Europe like Brussels, Athens, Dusseldorf etc, then Dubai, Ankara, Cairo HECA... even if the traffic is sto t o100%, it is pretty scarce and mostly the airline of the Country. If I am in Dubai OMDB, I see about 7 Emirates and 1 Cathay at the cargo area, that's it. In HECA it is 4 Egypt Air and you get the point.

2. What's the relation between traffic density slider setting of P3D and the UT2 manager? I don't get it, both do the traffic and the traffic will show up with P3D slider at 0%. I assume you no longer need to use the P3D slider and leave it at 0?

Hi Alex,

Same deal - new to UT2 and same observations... I've been trying to figure out why I have so little traffic... WOAI in FS9 had more traffic than I can handle - I go to some medium sized US Airports and I have 1 commercial airliner with traffic densities maxed in both interfaces...

I've been going though the various UT2 interfaces and there looks like there should be MORE traffic...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

In general: UT2 is based on SimConnect, so traffic not showing up can only have two reasons:

1. UT2 decides not to generate it

2. The aircraft model cannot be displayed/found/is incompatible with P3D

(in later P3D versions there will probably a number 3: SimConnect no longer supporting the methods that UT2 tries to call)

Sliders: UT2 overrides the setting in the simulator. The reason: the slider in the sim controls the display of the bgl based traffic. UT2 uses SimConnect to create traffic. Both would be displayed at the same time. UT2 sets the in-sim slider to 0% on startup.

Density:

1. Did you disable the default Daedalus livery? UT2 did not get licenses to display quite a few airline liveries, and you would have to add them yourself (using the UT2 UI). I covered them with WOAI models mostly. So if you disabled Daedalus, a lot of traffic may be missing

2. Be careful with the additional settings in UT2 that handle traffic based on FPS or distance. These substantially reduce the density down to almost nothing

3. In my experience quite a lot of the smaller airlines will not display if sliders are below 90%. I keep the scheduled traffic at 100%.

4. Check the schedules database in the UT2 UI, see if all of the airlines really are present and active.

5. UT2 uses real schedules, so traffic density depends a lot on the current time of day.

Thanks, I think the easiest way to fix this would be a dedicated official P3D installer patched for P3D.

Afraid not, this is not enough. Too much has changed in P3D V3, the correct way would be to study the new SimConnect, reassess the UT2 code, adapt it, and then recompile it with the new SimConnect version. If this is not done, then at some point UT2 will simply stop working. Depending on how complex UT2 is internally, this could be a major effort for the developers. And they have to do it every time a new P3D version is released.

Archived