A little help please...

wellemberg

Hi there, I´ve done a repaint on the default 737 and it looks fine in fsx. But now ALL the other 737´s look just like it :( Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

I have fsx sp2 installed on a win 10 computer, if that is of any help?

Nope, just swapped the texture file in one of the texture folders. I haven´t edidted the cfg file either, whenever I edit just a teeny bit, 737´s won´t load in fsx.

OK, that ain't gonna work! Now when you say you done a repaint for a 737, was that created it yourself or downloaded one and tried to install it?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I made it myself, in photoshop and DXTBmp

OK, I assume it's for the default 737-800. I will assume an airline and I'll call it Bohunk Airlines.

1. Create a folder and label it texture.BOHUNK put all your repaint files inside it and paste that new folder inside the 737-800 folder.

2.You need a new [fltsim.XX] for the new paintjob. here it is:

[fltsim.XX]

title=Boeing 737-800 BOHUNK Airlines

sim=Boeing737-800

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=BOHUNK

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=

atc_airline=Boeing

atc_flight_number=

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type="737-800"

ui_variation="BOHUNK AIRLINES"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

The changes are in RED. The XX in[fltsim.XX] should be changed to the next consecutive number in line. Default 737-800 has 6 aircraft numbers 0-5 so your next number should be 6....so [fltsim.6].Copy and paste this new [fltsim.6] into your 737-800 aircraft.cfg. REMEMBER to change the airline name to you own creation.

Also undo the swap that you did before.

I know how to do all this already. I have swapped the default textures with my own, in order to avoid having to edit the cfg file, because any edit at all, will cause my 737´s to fail loading. Don´t know why? I´ve swapped the blank texture with my own livery. the other 737´s are either originals or downloaded textures. I have the same issue with my airbus 321. I found out, that this happens when the blank aircraft is swapped with a new texture.

OK, messing around with the Blank/White 737 texture folder isn't going to work too well, as you are finding out. That particular folder is more like a texture.common folder than just an aircraft texture folder. You will notice way more files in the texture folder as compared to, say, texture.1 or texture.2

because any edit at all, will cause my 737´s to fail loading. Don´t know why?

What are you using for an editor? Word and such put in extra characters (sometimes a lot) that the sim doesn't know how to read. Notepad (or any PURE text editor) is good.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Ah crap, then I have to reinstall fsx and NOT use the blank 737. Thanks for your help ;)

I am using notepad, but even the smallest edit, causes my 737´s to not load when i start fsx?! Guess I just have to live with inaccurate names for my aircrafts.

Ah crap, then I have to reinstall fsx and NOT use the blank 737. Thanks for your help ;)

I am using notepad, but even the smallest edit, causes my 737´s to not load when i start fsx?! Guess I just have to live with inaccurate names for my aircrafts.

If you have mucked up the texture folder and it's files for the white 737, I would bet that's what is causing the difficulties when editing the aircraft.cfg file. Maybe a REPAIR option will fix it rather than a full reinstall. Uninstall SP1 and 2 and then do the REPAIR.

Ah crap, then I have to reinstall fsx and NOT use the blank 737.

I think a reinstall is not called for.

As for the blank liveries, it is a known issue with default planes that once you select the livery that uses the folder named texture you are stuck with that livery until you switch to another model or restart the sim.

If you want to test your paint, use another texture folder and everything should be fine.

Back up the existing texture before you overwrite it with your new one.

I am using notepad, but even the smallest edit, causes my 737´s to not load when i start fsx?

This should not happen.

What OS are you using?

Is your sim installed in the Program Files folder?

Do you get any kind of warning when this happens?

Do you have a check in the "show all variations" box?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I´m using windows 10, and yes, it´s installed in the program files (X86) folder. No warning when I´m saving the cfg file, but as soon as I start up fsx, a dialogbox pops up saying that the 737 couldn´t be loaded. All variations are checked ;) I didn´t back up the files :( Are there anyway that I can find them on the discs manually?

( Are there anyway that I can find them on the discs manually?

Nope, the REPAIR is the best way to restore your FSX. Once restored, then copy the complete FSX folder and keep that in a safe place for backup purposes.

Post the [fltsim.nn] sections of the aircraft.cfg that causes problems.

Try copying the aircraft.cfg file to your Desktop, make your edits to that copy and save, then copy back into the airplane folder overwriting the original.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

At first I couldn´t save the cfg file in the aircraft directory, so I had to save it outside fsx. So that has been tried too :(

Yeah, I think I´ll do a repair and see if it works, and if it does, then copy the hole thing and make a back up ;)

Archived