F-18s in Kentucky

Rupert

Hey F-18 lovers! If you want to see a huge real world example of what F-18s, & a ton of other planes can do, come to the Ohio River in Louisville tomorrow after noon and night. Every year two weeks before the Derby we have the largest fireworks show in The American continents. It is called Thunder Over Louisville.

As a lead in to Thunder we have a several hour airshow over the river. We've had stealth fighters, bombers, F-4s, pick a plane, and almost every kind of military aircraft you can imagine including the tilt wingers. They fly down the river and if they have afterburners they hit them and climb out. If they are paratroopers, they land on barges and such in the river. It goes on and on.

This year one of the featured aircraft flights is a dozen F-18s. They've been here before but usually overwhelmed by the Stealth planes. Now since the feds are saving money the Stealth birds are staying home but we still get F-18s and a B-52. (Talk about a blast from the past!)

I live close enough I can view it all from aboard my boat anchored in the river. For PT and others who are on the left coast, you should be able to find a live stream. Thunder itself is so over the top you won't believe it. But the air show is near there too!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived