How to make the boxes bigger!

I've just come back to Flightsim after an absence of 10 years or so. Wow, what a lot has changed!

I am lucky now to have a computer that lets me run the Steam version of FSX with Windows 10 with all stops maxed out. The picture is excellent with a 27" Samsung monitor.

My problem is that the menu boxes are so small I can hardly read them. Any suggestions of how to get a them a bit larger, I'd be very grateful?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Hayes

Make sure your Display Resolution in the sim is set to the same as your desktop. IE: If your desktop resolution is, just as an example, 1920X1080X32, you need to make it that in the sim also.

It solves a lot of problems besides size, by the way...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

My text boxes were far too small to read at 1920 so I always run FSX at 1360 (and 1366 will also do), it makes the text bigger and the overall display still looks fine.

PS- Another trick to make the text bigger is to run FSX in windowed mode by unticking the 'fullscreen' option, but everybody's system and monitor size etc is different so it might not work for everybody.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Get a better monitor. Not kidding. Is yours an LCD type or the old CRT type. Now a days newer LCD monitors have really sharp text. A 10 yr old monitor (and/or video card?) might not 'make the grade'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived