IS3 suddenly won't recognize object libraries in FSX

Irocx

Hi, out of nowhere IS3 won't "see" my scenery object libraries either residing in the Addon Scenery folder or elsewhere in FSX. My libraries, housed in a "Scenery Objects Master" folder are certainly active in FSX , as it displays all of the objects previously placed.

When I open a placement file in IS3, I receive a message indicating the libraries are not active in FSX, yet I can see the objects, the bounding box, and can manipulate the placed objects in IS3.

To date I have tried to uncheck the libraries and rebuild the scenery indices in FSX and I've also deleted the fileindex.dat and filelist.dat files in the scenery indexes folder. Fsx will build a new scenery config but still no success with IS3 recognizing those or even libraries which are active elsewhere in FSX. The only libraries I can choose in IS3 are those residing in the global scenery folder. I have also unchecked and re-checked the appropriate boxes in the IS3 options menu.

Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thank you.

Regards, Kendall

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I can help but perhaps.

First- from now on do not mess with scenery config file. trying to do this manually can really mess things up big time!!

Make sure in Instant Scenery you click on the little check mark and check all libraries except libraries not in this area.

Next..... Try hard not to make a folder with all your Instant Scenery libraries in it and then activate that folder... don't do this... (if I understood your post correctly this is what it sounds like... my fault if I understood wrongly). This is like putting all saved IS libraries in addonscenery\scenery. They will show up but not truly in the system.

If you ever move the libraries out of there... all objects you made will disappear from their respective sceneries.

If you use a library for xyz scenery... put that library in xyz\scenery and the texture to the library in xyz\texture.

If you use this library in another scenery of yours, copy it and the textures over to THAT scenery but rename the library so you don't have duplicate libraries in your library list.

a scenery objects master folder is probably what is causing problems. Do as I prescribed above. instead.

I will read further and see if I find nay more info for ya. Bob

Archived