Wheel Sounds

FSXmarc

Hey guys

The custom ground rolling and bump sounds on the PMDG 777 is very sick and was wondering if there was a way I can put it into my PMDG MD-11?

IF anyone ever done it can you please tell me how?

-MD-11 pilots FTW :)

You would need to look in the Sound folder for the 777, and find the Sound.cfg file. Open it in Notepad or something similar. NOT a word processor. Look through it until you find the entry for the sound you want, let us say the ground Rolling. It will give you the file name. Look through the sound folder till you find that particular .WAV file, and copy it over the the MD-11 SOUND folder. If there is a version of that file in the MD-11 folder, make a back-up of it. Just rename it from, let us say for an example, ROLLING.WAV to ROLLING_MD-11.WAV, then copy the one from the 777 to MD-11 folder. That way, if things go pear-shaped, as they say, you can restore things to a valid working scenario.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP BEFORE YOU EDIT ANY FILE!!!

Open the Sound.CFG file in the MD-11 sound folder, and find IT'S rolling entry.

Then you can do 1 of 2 things: You can copy then entry from the 777's sound.cfg file entire, and just paste it in the MD-11's Sound.cfg, replacing the entry for ground rolling that was there originally, OR, if the file is the same name as the one the MD-11 was using, then just leave the entry in the sound.cfg alone, and see how it sounds. If the MD-11 doesn't have an entry for a ground rolling sound at all, just paste the one from the 777 into it at the bottom.

There are ways to change the volume of the sound presented, the speeds it starts at, how it sounds differently in different camera views etc, but I won't start in on all that here...

Remember, this is for ONE particular sound at a time, not ALL the sounds. For ALL the sounds, you can alias the MD-11 to the 777 sounds, so they are the same, but again, I won't get into that here, unless that's what you want to do.

Does that help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived