Joystick not centering flights

coastalguy

I have been using my Logitech 3D Pro joystick for years with FSX without problems. Recently though, when I take off, it now takes off before the appropriate speed, and immediately begins to rise almost vertically. I have to push the stick almost to the front position to get it back to level. Additionally, while rolling down the runway, it wants to turn to the left, drastically turning left after takeoff.

If I release the stick, it flies almost straight up and in tight circles around the field. The only way I can fly is to set the auto-pilot for direction and altitude, which it follows perfectly. After flying on auto-pilot for a time, the joystick then handles fine when turning off the auto pilot.

I have calibrated the joystick with both the option on fsx software, and also on Logitech's calibration software for this joystick, with no change in the problem. All weather and flight factor settings are set to no effects.

If anyone can think of why this is happending, it would be appreciated.

Doing the "waggle" is an important step in the launching of any aircraft, real or simulated, anyway.

Besides, sometimes the ATC's and other observers will tuck dollar bills under the canopy if you do a good job of waggling properly :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Next time, before takeoff, while you're wiggle-wagging your joystick and/or flight controller, go to an outside view and check your aircraft's behind (ass end) and make sure all of the flight control surfaces are centered....rudder and elevators. And one can only hope that all of your engines are running!;) Also be sure and NOT turn on the AP & AT until after your wheels are off the ground.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Now that I also read the post.....

I sounds like ou have a large amount of elevator trim set (up)

and also aileron, or rudder trim.

This can happen if you have saved a flight as "default flight".

If you had the autopilot on before saving, and were for example parked, not facing the runway direction.

Lets say you are parked. Rw09 programmed as heading (090), altitude set (14.000).

But are actually parked, and facing heading 180. Then if the autopilot is engaged, the rudder will rim all the way to the left, trying to steer you from 180 to 090.

And the elevator will trim all the way up.

If you then switch off the autopilot, and a minute later save the flight as default flight...

Then all flights you set up will from now on start with those settings. (trim and elevator.)

To fix,

shut down fsx

open the fsx.cfg file,

find line:

situation="name of the saved flight"

change to:

situation=

close and save the fsx.cfg file.

Start fsx,

your default flight will be reset to "Ultralight over Friday Harbour"

(and trim is centered again.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]