FSX crash

Punching Mink

Hello,

After 40 minutes of flying, FSX crashed and I have this:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00036219

Faulting process id: 0x130

Faulting application start time: 0x01d166b94e925e2c

Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ai_player.dll

Report Id: 78f465ce-0fd5-4688-a02c-3cffb18536d9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Did you try doing a search to see if there's a newer version of the ai_player.dll file on the net someplace? I think I had that problem once and DLing and installing the newer version fixed it.

Did you try turning your AI settings down somewhat? Say under 50%? I've found that road traffic and airport vehicles can really be resource suckers.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Did you try doing a search to see if there's a newer version of the ai_player.dll file on the net someplace? I think I had that problem once and DLing and installing the newer version fixed it.

Did you try turning your AI settings down somewhat? Say under 50%? I've found that road traffic and airport vehicles can really be resource suckers.

Pat☺

Hello,

1) I can't find a newer version of ai_player.dll

2) I'll lower down my settings

I'll get back to you in about an hour to see if the problem goes away.

Fixed. Thank you.

Aiplayer.dll error is usually caused by a corrupt aircraft in a aircraft traffic file.

Aircraft traffic is only loaded when in your area, so do tests flying in the same area and at the same sim time.

First disable the GA-Traffic. If still error, then it is a airliner.

Then disabele Airline traffic and re-enable GA-traffic. That should then not cause an error.

Finding the plane that causes it is a tedious task.

First you re-enable the traffic that causes it (airline or GA).

Then disable all the traffic by taking all the traffic.bgl files out of the fsx folder.

Then place one back at the time and do a test flight after each one.

(set the traffic slider to 100%)

It can take a long time to nail down which one it was.

Once you find it, put the file outside the fsx folder, and continue testing untill you tried them all.

Then you can examine that trafficplan. You can use a traffic file editor, like TTools, to find which aircraft caused it.

(You take the disabled trafficplan, decompile it, disable one of the aircraft in it, recompile it.

Then reinstall it by moving the compiled version to the fsx folder.

Then test if fixed, if not retry, and disable another aircraft in it. Re-compile again, and install.

etc.

-------

Another way:

Because traffic files have a value set in them to appar only above a certain traffic % setting, you could possibly prevent the crash by moving the traffic slider down a little.

If the corrupt aircraft is called by a plan that is set to appear at traffic level 60%, hen moving the slider to 55 should fix it.

--------

There is a chance the aircraft only appears at a few airports. If you hardly ever fly in that area then most of the time it will not bother you.

---------

The default trafficfiles and the trafficfiles from WOAI, are in folder:

Scenery\World\Scenery

Other traffic programs may use their own folder.

Sometimes an airport comes with trafficfiles included. If this happened at a place you have an addon airport installed for, then that is something to check.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived