REX Essentials an Overdrive

svpst

I've tried to get in touch with REX but apparently I'm too stupid to use their system. When I try to open REX now that I'm using FSX_SE I get the following message and have no clue how to respond. Ungandled exception has occurred in your application. ..... Could not load file or assembly "microsoftFlightSimulator.simConnectVersion=10.6.1242.0 Culture=neurtal, PublicKeyToken=31bf385ad364e35"...The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Any ideas to !) figure out where the REX forum is or 2) what this exception means.I can't be the only one who's ever had it. Thank.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

I'm not really familiar with REX. I looked it up and fond it being sold here.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=19617

In "Minimum Requirements" it mentions:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (requires Standard Edition with at least SP1, compatible with SP2/Acceleration, Deluxe Edition required for network setup operations)

(It doesn't mention Steam)

Are you sure (the REX version you have) is compatible with Steam?

I believe Steam uses a different version of simconnect.

The error looks like it can't find the correct version.

(Simconnect connects external software to the sim, so it can inject things, like weather for example.)

I think Steam has several installers to install other Simconnect things, that should already be in your Steam folder.

But again I don't know enough about Steam to tell you what you need to do here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As usual thank you guys very much. I appreciate the feedback. I found where I need to go, now I await their answer. I think it may very well be the SimConnect version but we'll find out.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Archived