FSX Steam Edition won't load.....please help

K2rockall

Hello. I've just bought the Flight Simulator X Steam Premium Addition. It worked for around a day but now it crashes every time I try to load the game. I'd tried to find a solution on the steam forums and deleted the log.bin file that had been suggested. This however did not help. Neither did verifying the game etc.

It just gets as far as the Home screen, but immediately throws up a warning box saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" and crashes to desktop. It seems from doing an Internet search there is a major problem with the the Steam Edition of this game. Very very disappointing, but I'm determined to get it working rather than seeking a refund.

During the installation I did get a message saying there was a problem in Windows finding the vcredist_x86.exe. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be much appreciated as I want to start enjoying the world of Flight Siming. Completely new to it.

You need to find the "Faulting Module" that's causing the Sim to crash.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have found, using SE since it came out, that often the "default" flight info gets corrupted, just enough to crash FSX on loading.

REMEMBER TO BACKUP ANY FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT!!

Go into the FSX.cfg file, using Notepad preferably, and scan down through it to a Section labeled [uSERINTERFACE].

Look down through THAT untii you find a line like this: SITUATION=.

What is after the = (equals sign) doesn't matter.

Delete the entire line. Save the file off and try to start it again.

WHY steam does this I have no clue, but it does it to me at seemingly random intervals. Every time it does, zip! Problem soved...

It works for me anyway.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Quote- "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working"

If it's any consolation I play FSX from 8-year-old non-Steam disks and sometimes get that message too, so it's not just a Steam issue.

I can live with it because it doesn't happen very often, I suspect it's caused if I make too many changes to settings during a flight such as graphics,weather,wind, location etc.

But as you can't get past the loading screen try some of the guys suggestions.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: jscript9.dll, version: 11.0.10240.16683, time stamp: 0x56ad9550

Fault offset: 0x000b9018

Faulting process id: 0x2e70

Faulting application start time: 0x01d165d1e27a826a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\jscript9.dll

Report Id: e8e41372-1748-4130-8aba-e83339b00cbd

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thank you for your replies. The above is what the EventViewer generated for the fault. I haven't had chance to try the other potential solutions yet, but thank you so much for your help. Hopefully something might work.

It doesn't appear to be FSX related. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/problem-event-name-appcrash-fault-module-name/213b9e1c-769d-4a18-bef8-74857ad75428?auth=1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I googled this "jscript9.dll' error. I don't know if it has to do with your problem, but it is reported to cause crashes. Here is a link to look at.http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/jscript9dll-problem/a387ea67-5b59-4414-95c5-9d073ecab7f8?auth=1 I checked, I don't have the update they are referring to.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

• 6 months later...

Hello there.

I have recently bought a new computer and have got this exact same problem again. Below is the crash log.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: ui.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4

Fault offset: 0x000484fb

Faulting process id: 0x1280

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2062ccb9b151e

Faulting application path: D:\ Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: D:\ Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ui.dll

Report Id: f76b7be2-6055-4c53-be9b-3ffc8d81edd7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've tried installing the latest version of Java which worked the last time but it no longer works this time.

Would really appreciate some advice. It's just the usual 'Flight SImulator X has stopped working error' and I can't get into the game.

Hi.

I've been looking at that thread but unfortunately where the DTG guy says "You may also like to give this a try:" the link doesn't work and goes to 'page not found'.

The advice someone else gives about re-registering the Java file I followed but sadly didn't make any difference

Archived