AI puzzler.

ColR1948

I did a repaint of an AI aircraft, all was well, it showed up no problem and flew OK, this was yesterday.

So today I made some flight plans for it using TTools and it didn't show, I'm thinking I got the times wrong or something, trebble checked the flight plans and all seemed fine.

Re-checked everything in the aircraft.cfg and again all seemed fine but still it wouldn't show in the sim, just out of curiosity I used the default 737 air file and would you believe it showed.

So my puzzler is why did it not show using the the air file that worked yesterday, I can view other AI aircraft using the same air file?

@Tom, I have FS intalled away from Program files it is in its own folder.

@iL88pp, Yes the air file matched, like I said it worked one day but not the next so chnged it just for curiosity and it worked with the new air file.

I've done and made many aircraft repaints and always they work but this one was a strange one, still problem solved using the default FS air file.

I've done and made many aircraft repaints and always they work but this one was a strange one, still problem solved using the default FS air file.

An AI aircraft shouldn't show up in the Aircraft selection screen at all, the difference is in the .air file, section 105:

105 *Aircraft Type=0 (this is for flyable aircraft visible in the selection screen)

105 *Aircraft Type=2 (this is for AI only or non-flyable aircraft)

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived