Steam effects for carriers

harley1380

I have the Team SDB USS Enterprise CVN-65. Is there anyway to add Steam effects to the ship. SDB says to try Voodoos carrier effect package, but Voodoos site is not there anymore. This is a great carrier but for me, it does not look right without steam over the flight deck. thanks for any help. robert

Look for iowaclassbattleship.zip, I think in the library here under FSX. In the Effects folder it gives is a steam effect, and there is no reason you can add it the [effects] section of whatever boat you like. You may have to put it in the [smoke] section to get it in just the right place. Take a look at how they did it for the Iowa Class ship in the zip file. I don't know if that's exatly what you want, buuut...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That's much more than eye candy :)

That was written by Javier Fernandez for use with AICarriers2.exe, but it works perfectly with AICarriers.NET as well. Which I very strongly recommend. It works with FSX-SE where the .exe doesn't, and it uses much less in the way of computer resources, like CPU cycles, memory, etc.

From the readme file:

•I strongly recommend to use these carriers with AiCarriers2 freeware software by Lamont Clark.

When he wrote the zipfile, that was the best available. Now, the .NET version is much better. Same, exact same functionality, but much better way of accomplishing it.

It was written by Orion Lau of FSDT fame. Amazing programmer. If you are going to fly on/off the boat, you want AICarriers.NET, the file Mr. Scatterbrainedkid specified, and, to really make interesting, vLSO, also by Orion. He nailed the way LSO's really work with that program. Bunch of jerks that they are. Or maybe I need to get better at carrier ops. Hmm...

I can recommend the very best Hornet for carrier ops too, if you like. It is the greatesst Hornet, bar none, the Sim has available. Incredible job, they did on it. Really they did...

Does all that help a little bit?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived