1 CONCORDE FINAL 2011-A speed question please.

pcohen

hi everybody.

I have the above Aircraft but when flying seems to be slower than the Airbus's and 747's that I have.

It seems to drag across the screen.

Is there anyway I can move the Red & White speed restriction needle on the speed gauge to increase the Speed please.

I also have the PssConcorde 2004 Version but a little disappointed that the afterburners don't work on this Model.

Any help please.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Either fly higher, find air that is colder, make sure the CG isn't close to the limits or exceeded.

Remember this airplane is designed to shift its CG to enable it to fly transonic and supersonic. In order to do that, you have to use transfer pumps to move fuel either front to back or the other way. To fly faster than Mach 1 you have to be up in the FL300s or higher. (Can't remember exactly, haven't touched it for months now)

Why you ask? Simple. Imagine a bullet being fired from a gun. Does it move easier through the air or something more dense like water? The higher altitude is thinner less dense than air closer to the ground.

Temperature limitation strictly has to do with the skin of the aircraft starting to melt from high friction of air. Can't remember the temp exactly but the air temperature corresponds to the temperature limitation. All these limitations are calculated by the aircrafts computers and are displayed by the barber poles on the panel. Pretty cool, eh?

Hi, thanks for quick reply.

Will have to fly higher and see what happens, although I was looking for something a little more realistic at lower altitude with the speed. As said I have other Aircraft that complete a Route much quicker than this Concorde.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Altitude is the key. To go faster, you have to go higher. Period.

As to afterburners: Do you not have a visual effect, but the thrust and fuel usage are correct, or no AB at all. No thrust, no fuel use, no nothing?

There is an excellent writeup by the incredible Mr. Rob Barendregt contained in the zipfile RCBac-10.zip in the library here. Read the readme file. It is an excellent write-up on how-to add the afterburner thrust and fuel useage into any plane. If your plane doesn't have the AB thrust you want/need to fly properly, it will help you add it in.

Hope that helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

All aircraft are airspeed, or more precisely air density related drag, limited. The higher you fly, the thinner the air so less drag. All the airplane and your airspeed indicator are concerned with is the amount of drag they have to push against. That drag is a combination of air currents, barometric pressure and air density (in this case altitude.)

Did you ever notice the huge differences between indicated air speed and the speed over ground as shown on the GPS at higher altitudes? While going with or against prevailing winds is a factor, the biggest reason for the difference you are seeing is the higher you are the thinner air & lesser drag your craft is fighting.

Less drag means more speed over ground compared to indicated air speed. (Think climbing a steep hill in your auto. That drag is the fight against gravity.) And as another poster mentioned, drag is friction of your aircraft against the ambient air. And overcoming any friction does produce heat.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Here it is hopefully!!!

concorde_2011_-_views.zip

I think this is better than the PSS Concorde that I purchased.

Alternatively Search Concorde in Advanced search and it's on Second or Third Page.

Good luck with it.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Here it is hopefully!!!

Alternatively Search Concorde in Advanced search and it's on Second or Third Page.

Good luck with it.

Regards

Paul.

Say WHAT?

"FSX Concord final version A 2011 - Reworked and added views

Original views reworked and additionnal views ( defined by camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg file ) for

the beautiful Concorde by M. Libardo Guzman.

9 cameras pointing at the aircraft and a total of 7 views in the 3D cockpit.

See Read me.txt file for very easy installation procedures.

Also included is a text file that contains the new camera definitions.

And finally two more files - Available.pdf and Top 20.pdf for informations

about my "camera definitions" packages.

Enjoy !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

0 - Make sur FSX is not running.

1 - Make a copy of your aircraft.cfg file.

2 - Open the aircraft.cfg file.

3 - Delete the existing camera definitions.

3 - Open the camera definitions.txt file provided by me.

7 - Select and copy all the camera definitions.

8 - Paste the new camera definitions into the aircraft.cfg file. ( I suggest the bottom of the file ).

9 - Save the aircraft.cfg file.

10 - Start FSX, select the Concorde in your favorite paint. Spool up them engines and release the brakes !

Enjoy !"

What have you wrought here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here it is hopefully!!!

Good luck with it.

Regards

Paul.

Paul I think it's this link to the 2011 Concorde, you supplied a addon for extra views link

Six items down, below the South African Airways paint for Concorde, and 70,706,287 in size

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=44707289&page=2

Screwbottle

W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2, Core i7 4790K 4.5GHZ OC, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming5 mobo, Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU, Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1.6GHZ mem, CoolerMaster G750M 750W PSU, Zalman CNPS10X Shark Fin CPU Cooler

Hi Mr Zippy.

This One has 16 Additional Concordes in different Liveries.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Mr Zippy.

This One has 16 Additional Concordes in different Liveries.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, I think I tried this one a couple of years ago. I did a test flight from Honolulu,Ha to KSFO and was at 64,000 feet doing about MACH 2+.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

TMI!! lmao

I sure second that!

In SPADES!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Here it is hopefully!!!

Good luck with it.

Regards

Paul.

P.S. This One has 16 Additional Concordes in different Liveries. And is a Complete Aircraft File.

Windows 10 2020.

Here it is !!!.

This One has 16 Additional Concordes in different Liveries, and is a complete Aircraft File

Good luck with it.

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Paul .... please stop listing this link as it is really nothing but camera view definitions ......

Does NOT list aircraft nor repaints. FSX view at that!

And ..... since everyone has given you their personal experiences with this airplane, was your original inquiry satisfied? Where you able to fly this go-fast airplane fastly (new word I make up)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the file you need (for FS9 and FSX both): 'cf2011a.zip', 70 Mb, 11-22-2011

FS9 / FSX CONCORDE FINAL VERSION-A 2011. Includes: new model (nose shape, visor details), flight dynamics, complete real textures package (17 paints).

clear textures for VC panels, special effects for wings´ vortices and fog, afterburner effects, landing lights´ animation linked to landing gears operation, animated visor for main 2D cockpit view, mach speed effect

THIS VERSION DOES NOT REPLACE PREVIOUS VERSIONS, WICH MUST BE REMOVED FIRST. NO FIXES NEEDED. By Libardo Guzman.

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST LOAD 2D COCKPIT VIEW FIRST; if not, effects won't work.

PLEASE READ THE CHECK LIST (added file).

- You must practice flying this plane, specially for landing. Don't try to do it from 2D COCKPIT VIEW, because won't see the runway on final approach; do it from VC mode, using zoom as desired.

- Trim will help you to keep right angle while flying (first time to do it may be after taking off.....)

- To keep gravity center leveled while fuel is displaced front / back, release full throttle after taking off. Then after surpassing mach 1.1, you can use full throttle and afterburner again.

OCTOBER 17, 2011

Libardo Guzmán García

guzman_artes@yahoo.com

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Downloaded aircraft. Loaded with 98% fuel in all tanks. Set autopilot to climb @2,000 fpm at 380 Knots IAS. It made it all the way to 62,000 ft without"shifting" of fuel. Cruised nicely at that speed/altitude (2.0x Mach). No instability on landing with 20% fuel in tanks.

Can not duplicate OP's problem and I concur with others who have had no problem with this download. Where IS the OP by the way ..... other than posting erroneous links.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Downloaded aircraft. Loaded with 98% fuel in all tanks. Set autopilot to climb @2,000 fpm at 380 Knots IAS. It made it all the way to 62,000 ft without"shifting" of fuel. Cruised nicely at that speed/altitude (2.0x Mach). No instability on landing with 20% fuel in tanks.

Can not duplicate OP's problem and I concur with others who have had no problem with this download. Where IS the OP by the way ..... other than posting erroneous links.

Looking for some more help with this one please!!!

Can anybody please tell me how to get rid of the Background sound in the Cockpit View.

Have tried messing with the Radio/CD but with no joy.

Windows 10 2020.

Looking for some more help with this one please!!!

Can anybody please tell me how to get rid of the Background sound in the Cockpit View.

Have tried messing with the Radio/CD but with no joy.

So, this is the one with the horrible cockpit music playing that drove me nutz!!

7320VSP.wav This is the puppy! In your aircraft sound folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I can "hear" it only prior to takeoff and after landing. I found it soothing after a long flight while taxiing to the gates ......

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived