VRS F/A-18E joystick throttle and flight controls dead.

thaiflyboy

Hi guys,

I have VRS-F/A-18E for FS2004 here. I've been enjoying flying the plane until I decided to map keys for firing missiles and guns. When I woke up this morning I thought I'd better switch on my FS2004 to get some combat going for amusement. So I looked for a tutorial video on youtube and found one according for FSX but they are the same procedures for FS2004 and the video title was "VRS SUPERBUG How to Shoot" or something like that sorry I couldn't really remember its long name. Anyway I booted up my FS2004, selected the aircraft, selected day time and settled it on the default airport, which was Seattle Tacoma. I went in under the fs2004 menu Options/Assignments Cowl flaps close incrementally CTRL+SHIFT+C and cowl flaps open incrementally CTRL+SHIFT+V to select view cycles and brakes (S and the firing button on my joystick) to have everything mounted on my Logitech 3D extreme joystick that I have. And after flying around a bit and I've had enough fun I decided to set the key assignments to default because I knew that the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 was a civilian flight simulator and not a combat flight simulator and dogfights did not really have to have guns and missles involved. So I went in under Options/Asssiments again to reset all the keys to default and that somehow made the throttle axis and flight control axis not working this upset me big time not getting to fly my favourite aircraft. Because I couldn't remember what the default keys were. If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys ! ;)

I'm confused. You can't remember what the default keys are yet you know how to go to the Options/Assignments area of the sim. Why can't you just look and see what the "default" options have been set to? You'll probably have to reassign the joystick axes to your liking, also.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Yeah gwillmot, I uninstalled the VRS-F/A-18E and re-installed it and I tested the control surfaces out by easing my joystick from up to down and left to right and that somehow fixed the problem. I could see the control surfaces move. Yeah I still remember that day when I woke up and booted up my FS2004 and went in key assignments and mapped keys for guns and missiles I didn't look all the way down the whole key assignments. I only scrolled down to where it says"Open cowl flaps incrementally"and"Close cowl flaps incrementally" and after I had enough fun flying around doing some air combat manuevers and switching weapons. I decided to set the keys back to default and that somehow made the control surfaces to misfunction but after I re-installed the plane it was ok so it was my fault sorry buddy ! :p

Archived