I need advice on buying a new gaming pc.....

Hi All!

I'm getting back in flight sim after just over 4 years (work and other commitments prevented play!)

Anyway, I have a pretty good budget (max GBP £2000) and am looking at gaming laptops to save space... or would I do better keeping to a desk top unit - that is my first question.

I'm going to come back using FSX (only ever used s2004 previously) what should be the MINIMUM I should look for in terms of graphics card, memory, hard drive etc.

I like to have all the scenery sliders up to max along with acft shadows etc which hits the memory hard I know but I prefer the more realistic looking set up.

Basically, if I build my own laptop gaming pc what is the minimum amount of RAM, memory etc to give something that will run as smoothly as possible.

I hope this makes sense and you understand what I'm asking!

I can't wait to get back 'in the air!'

On a side note I've been looking at the SAITEK X52 controller (I only 'fly' commercial acft) is this a good joystick/ throttle set?

Thank you for taking your time to read this and for all help I am given...

Many thanks

I don't know why everyone wants to use a laptop to game with. You're far better off with a desktop.

Get an i7 Skylake. Overclock. Make sure you buy a good well known PSU as they are the heart of your system.

Check out pcpartpicker.

This is where things got confused previously.

People get hung up on the fact I mentioned a laptop and bypass my actual question. (just for info I don't have a huge amount of space so a laptop is the better answer for me!)

Thanks for advising on an overclocked i7 what amount of RAM etc should I do looking for? Ideally I would find a list of what I need to include when building a system...

Thanks!! :)

Archived