FS9 Freezes at Splash screen

michaeljulian

I have tried every solution offered on this site but still cannot use FS9. I have uninstalled and re installed FS9 four times now without success. When I use the normal FS9 icon nothing happens at all. When I remove the normal icon (FS9.exe) and replace it with the No-Cd FS9.exe the Splash screen appears but it just remains with the rotating ball rotating for ever if I do not switch the computer off. It is significant that if I place disk 4 into the computer the normal noisy drive does not occur. Does anybody have any ideas?

mqytn. Thanks but that does noting. My FS9 splash screen stays there with the revolving circle.

If I try to load FS9 by any other method it says FS9 is running so clearly something is wrong. The disks are in perfect condition and are always boxed. The trouble Microsoft has abandoned all the FS2004 owners and no skilled advice is available from that source.

1. Make sure that you have patched to 9.1.

2. Make sure you are using the 9.1 No CD file.

3. Do not use the CDs unless you have removed the MS update that disabled the disk check.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

If you go on Just Flights website and go to the support page, there is a help box that says ' problems with boxed products running on Windows vista/7/8' or something like that. It gives a link to a download that allows you to run disks as some other disks are affected by the windows update not just fs2004 acof.

Hope this helps

Regards

Charlotte

Charlotte. Am back flying. I really do not know what it was but your suggestions must have had something to do with it. I downloaded the 9.1 update and on trying to install it was told it was already installed. I did the same with the NO-CD 9.1 and again was told it was already installed but I decide that before I tried either I would do a restart and FS2004 appeared and has been operating ever since. I have also done three icon clicks and each one brings up the programme. So many thanks. Michael

Archived