Question regarding AI aircraft

asos

Some AI a/c have this General section:

General]

atc_type=SILENT

atc_model=F8

editable=1

I do not know what atc_type=SILENT does and what editable=1 do--what effect, if any, they have.

Can anyone who knows explain please?

As I am making my own AI Traffic files, the information might come in useful.

At the moment, I am making an AI Traffic file for LGKL Kalamata in Greece, using T-6 Harvards (my own repaints), an RAF Hunter that does TNG's, two civil AERONCA'S (also my repaints) and a group of French 1933-1940 French war planes as a vintage group grouped together on a new parking area off A NEW 2nd runway, supposedly staging a vintage aircraft flying show. These vintage a/care CFS2 models--most of CFS2 a/c work as FS9 AI A/C VERY WELL.

I intend to add a few T-2 Buckeyes, and perhaps a Cessna in Greek AF markings. So far the ai traffic file is working fine and I am pleased with it.

Will upload it when it's finished.

Nick

Athens, Greece

Some AI a/c have this General section:

General]

atc_type=SILENT

atc_model=F8

editable=1

I do not know what atc_type=SILENT does and what editable=1 do--what effect, if any, they have.

atc_type=SILENT keeps ATC from calling an AC type. Sometimes you might hear "Cessna Cessna N12345...". atc_type=SILENT keeps this from happening.

editable=1 is a deprecated entry and has nothing to do with FS9.

It is a flag that allows an external program (which is no longer available AFAIK) to edit the aircraft.cfg.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

This is interesting, I use Traffic View Board a lot and during flight ATC often asks the AI if it can see the 'Experimental' aircraft which is obviously TVB.

I'm not on my FS computer right now but I'm wondering if I change the entry in TVB to SILENT what will ATC say?

With reference to my above post: I changed the TVB type to SILENT, now ATC are not calling it EXPERIMENTAL but something else but I can't make out what ATC is saying, I will have to keep listening.

Edited to add:

After further listening ATC doesn't give TVB a name at all, it is miles better now, glad I read this thread.

Archived