American Airlines AI grounded, not flying.

Scaryplane

Recently I added the AI airbus a321s and a319s along with the 788. Everything looks to be done right and all aircrafts load just fine at any airport. The problem is, they don't go anywhere. All my other ai airlines are going, just not AA. When adding it to the flight plans, all I did was have the a321s replace all AA's 762, the a319s replace MD80 OC2, and the 787-8 replace 772 One World and Pink Ribbon. I did this because I don't want to spend hours on creating their own flight plans.

Another thing I did was replace the OC 737, 772, and 763 with the NC. Like I said, everything loads on the game just fine, but they just sit at the gate forever and don't go anywhere..

Aircraft List

tI4xCvY.png

A321S

GomSVnt.png

A319S

iNssDqY.png

nurTQY1.png

Is there anything that should be fixed? I can upload the flightplan files if I have to.

Thanks!

If the aircraft show up in the sim then there is nothing wrong with what you have posted.

Planes fly according to the flight plan, so that is where you should look for trouble.

For troubleshooting AI you really need to get the Traffic Toolbox SDK so you can use the Traffic Toolbox Explorer.

TTE lists all of the current AI and gives you lots of data including each AI's scheduled departure time.

Get the SDK here- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/traffic-toolbox-sdk.41/

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

is AI Flight Planner used for creating, editing, and checking plans and model presence and sync of everything. It will create and read existing the various traffic bgl files. It will check FS for the presence of airport scenery required and your FS scenery installations.

It does have a learning curve but at least s a checking tool it will call out what is incorrect or missing. Just open up the traffic type .bgl and look at the different displays.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

is AI Flight Planner used for creating, editing, and checking plans and model presence and sync of everything. It will create and read existing the various traffic bgl files. It will check FS for the presence of airport scenery required and your FS scenery installations.

It does have a learning curve but at least s a checking tool it will call out what is incorrect or missing. Just open up the traffic type .bgl and look at the different displays.

Thanks for this.. It gives me this error for every single flight path even though the only thing I ever changed what the AC#xxxx that was it.

zVqmw44.png

What do I do from here?

Performance time? The cruising speed is derived from the aircraft.cfg (I think!) which might have an impact.

See sections 6.4 and 6.5 in the help manual.

For fun, I opened the default FSX traffic file, trafficAircraft.bgl, in the scenery/World/scenery folder under FSX (I have the SE version) and ran it through AIFP3 and then ran the validate function and received many similar errors.

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE and click on the TTOOLS User manual. While AIFP does not use ttools it uses the same syntax (layout). In section 20 regarding the aircraft.txt file it states:

"Here is a line spread out, with a description of each field:

AC#4 , 477 , "Boeing 737-400 Paint1"

| | |

Aircraft Cruise Aircraft title

tag speed

Aircraft tag:

This is used strictly by the compiler. Aircraft are referenced by this tag in the flight plan file, so for example if tag AC#4 is specified in a flight plan there must be a corresponding aircraft tagged AC#4 in this list. You can add any tag numbers you want, as long they are prefixed by "AC#" and are not already used. The number must be less than 65536. The same aircraft can be referenced in different sets of source files and they do not have to use the same number.

Cruise speed:

This is the cruise speed (TAS) given in the aircraft specifications. It can be found in aircraft manuals or other reference material. Note that this number does not determine the actual cruise speed of AI aircraft, that is based on a cruise speed parameter included in the aircraft model’s aircraft.cfg file. This number is used only by the compiler to compute the trip time for the flight so it can come up with arrival times and sector mapping for flight plans that don’t use fixed arrival times.

Aircraft title:

This is how FS2002 finds an aircraft model when it wants to make it appear as AI. This title must exactly match a title in the aircraft.cfg file for one of the installed aircraft. It will appear in a line such as title = Boeing 737-400 Paint1. Note that each aircraft can have several different ‘skins’, hence the Paint1, Paint2, etc. suffixes. Each of these will have separate title lines in the same aircraft.cfg file. These different paint schemes often represent different airlines."

So maybe when you altered the title field you need to change the cruise speed as well or alter the schedules times.

I'm no expert here but have just a little understanding.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived