Terrain on manchester airport

Conzy6

Hi guys in having a problem with terrain covering manchester airport, i know its something to do with global vector but cant figure out how to use the config tool... seems to run for a lifetime, ill try and attach a screenshot.

Untitled.jpg

If it is caused by the Vector airport elevation corrections, open the Config Tool, go to the appropriate tab and enter EGCC above the left list. If Vector has correction data for that airfield, the ICAO will show up in the list and you can click it over to the right list (meaning: no correction for this airport).

But it is not limited to Vector, other elevation or mesh products can cause this too. FS Global Ultimate has airport flattening bgls that you can use to even out the terrain (or make it worse).

I'm not truly happy going to config changes unless I have no other choice. I recently had the same problem with KORS. I just removed the ORBX software that included KORS & then reinstalled it. No problems since.

You didn't mention what software you're using, so it may not be handy to do a reinstall. But if it's not too inconvenient, that's my choice every time.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The "problem" with Vector is, that these Airport Elevation Corrections are active by default, regardless of your addon scenery. You are left with two choices, disable Vector completely or use the Config tool to exclude that airfield from being "corrected".

FS GUX handles this the other way round - if you want, you can install a flattening mesh for specific airfields.

Currently I am fighting this issue in Jetstream Designs LICJ and nothing seems to help.

Thanks for the tips guys, I used the config tool to disable EGCC and it worked, the textures returned to normal, however... on final approach at LFPG i noticed the runway was messed up, the second i turned off the runway onto a taxiway I fell about 60 feet haha long story short, i had to untick global vector in my scenery library, still using open lc Europe and global though both working fine. :)

Unticking Vector is a waste of your money.

When I fly to/from an airport for the 1st time I check for elevation trouble by doing a quick flight in the chopper. After a while all trouble will be solved.

Can't remember, and not at my sim puter right now, but IIRC Vector Config Tool has an option to auto find/correct most airports with elevation troubles.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived