walk around FS planes

atr_42_500

Hello fellow simmers.

I'm looking for a tool for making the walk around the FSX planes that i use, as a real pilot :).

Is there a freeware one?

I think both DBS Walk And Follow and EZdok are pretty expensive for what I need, but if no freeware or cheaper available, what would you recommend of the two?

Thanks

Somebody put something in my jet fuel

Mircea

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8481/mynn8.jpg

Try FSRecorder, it has a camera system that uses FS2004 view modes in FSX. You can use a Tower camera and set it to the aircraft location, or a free spot view camera might work. You can move the camera around much like moving the camera position in the VC. And best of all, it's free! :)

..I'm looking for a tool for making the walk around the FSX planes that i use, as a real pilot..

Not sure I understand. You could just go to default external view and pan around the aircraft, and use zoom ('-' and '='), and move camera position in/out with (ctrl '-' and ctrl '='), it gives you great flexibility, plus of course there's tower view which is zoomable.

I am using EZDOK for this, it is a very useful tool. The walk arounds I do with TrackIR active while moving the camera with mouse and the keyboard - much like in a first person game. Feels very natural. It does have its quirks though. For example, the aircraft camera that I am using for the walk around, is tied to the planes' attitude. So walking round a taildragger is weird, as your normal view is tilted like the plane is. Maybe there is another option, but I haven't found it. But in the cockpit, especially with TrackIR, it is indispensable. By the click of a button I can switch between captain, FO and engineer, define fixed views for FMC or other instruments etc.

Archived