Back with Problem YET AGAIN!!! Help please.

pcohen

Hi everybody, me again.

I have had to re-install FS2004 due to a new Hard Drive replacement. Installed with no problems, all works well with Default Aircraft.

Have also re-installled w-airbus which contains SMS Overland Simmers Sky A330 through A380 Aircraft.

Here is the problem :-

I am trying to install the following 2 Aircraft :-

[fltsim.x]

title=Overland/Simmer's Sky A340-500 Arik Air (CS-TFW) - NoVirtual Cockpit

sim=a345

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=ARA_CS-TFW

atc_id=CS-TFW

atc_airline=Arik Air

atc_flight_number=34

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=ARA

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Airbus-Simmer's Sky

ui_type=A340-542

ui_variation=Arik Air 'CS-TFW' (No VC)

description=Overland Co.,Ltd. Products --- Animation of doors are operated with [DoorDisplay Gauge] in 2D panel and Virtual Cockpit\nArik Air (CS-TFW) Repaint:Jeffrey S. Bryner

[fltsim.x+1]

title=Overland/Simmer's Sky A340-500 Arik Air (CS-TFW) -Virtual Cockpit

sim=a345

model=VC

panel=

sound=

texture=ARA_CS-TFW

atc_id=CS-TFW

atc_airline=Arik Air

atc_flight_number=644

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=ARA

ui_manufacturer=Airbus-Simmer's Sky

ui_type=A340-542

ui_variation=Arik Air 'CS-TFW' (VC)

description=Overland Co.,Ltd. Products --- Animation of doors are operated with [DoorDisplay Gauge] in 2D panel and Virtual Cockpit\nArik Air (CS-TFW) Repaint:Jeffrey S. Bryner

which I have done hundreds of times before without a problem, remembering to Instal l into SMS A340 500 and changing the flightsim X to following number in the Flightsim list.

However, when all is done and I click on Save it says Access denied?

Any help with this please.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

It sounds like perhaps you installed FS in the:

C:\program files (x86)

folder.

The:

C:\program files (x86)

and

C:\program files

folders are protected from changes by windows.

Windows is protected that way so a virus can not sneakily get in by becoming part of an existing program.

Because if that happened, it would get the same permission to run as the legitimate program it had become part of.

The solution is to install FS outside of those two folders. In a location you create.

For example a folder C:\\FS2004

------

That protection was not there in Windows XP, but has become part of the OS since Vista and onward.

A very good thing.

By the way, that protection does help a lot in keeping viruses from executing, but it is not the only way a virus can get in. So you will still need to use a good antivirus program.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.Hi il88pp, hope I got this right, many thanks for reply.

Have been running Win7 for some time now and, yes I did install to C:\program files (x86) which I had FS 2004 running with on my original Hard Drive with all my Aircraft Additions on Win7 working fine with no problems of any kind.

problem has only arisen since Installation of New Hard Drive. So looks as though I will have to do a reinstall of FS 2004.

Many thanks

Paul.

paul

Windows 10 2020.

You are throwing the baby out with the bath water. STOP. DO NO RE-INSTALL.

Your problem is this: 'title=Overland/Simmer's Sky.....'. See the '/'? Well the sim will ignore anything after this '/'. So essentially you have 'title=Overland' (and that is ALL the Sim 'reads' or 'sees'. And as we all know (?) the 'TITLE=NAME' has to be unique (ie: CAN NOT be THE SAME '=NAME') for each (FltSim.x) section. Get it? Remove the '/' and see what happens. Cheers.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Either do not install to Program Files or right click on the FS9 folder and take ownership of that folder and all subfolders, make sure both system and your user account have full access, and run the .exe as administrator.

(An alternative, if you are fully aware of your system - what services and processes are normal, etc. - and have good AV and firewall, is to disable UAC and DEP and never deal with windows paranoia again. This is not a recommendation, just noting an option. I did this years ago and have never had any problems installing and running anything anywhere on my system, nor any malware issues.)

Hi, thanks for both reply.

reinstalled fs2004 in own folder on drive C:.

now seems to be working fine.

many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Not really. There are options. What you DO or choose to do is also optional. Like to post or not to post. Just saying.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

What he did was re-install FS9 just because the title in the aircraft.cfg is wrong and the aircraft did not 'show'. So if a scenery don't load, or an aircraft don't load you say to re-install FS9? Because that is what happened. Just saying that what I'm saying is correct and what he is doing is not correct. NOW what the hades will you say? 'Oh, I did not notice that FACT'? Or 'I was just posting to piss you off' (and had nothing to do with topic (as usual))? Maybe you should STAY at the Shout Box. Just saying.

Chuck B

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

OK, now this is working fine under C:\FS2004 Can I do the same with FSX or does it still have to be Installed under C:\ProgramFiles\i86?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Il88pp and thanks for reply.

Still think I prefer FS9 because of some of the Cockpit Panels I managed to change to my own design in the early days ( for lack of better words ) also have a lot of fictitious Aircraft like A340-600's in AA, BA, BOAC, Pan Am Liveries which of course they never had.

If I use FSX, some but not all are Compatible and at the very least have to change all the Panels back to Airbus Panels.

Which is a pain.

Never ever been able to work out how I could send a Picture of the Boeing Ultimate Panel with Additional Gauges that I use in all my Aircraft to somebody for an opinion.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

I completely understand. From what I see in the screenshot forum FS9 looks great too. And after getting so used to it, and knowing where everything is it's hard too switch. You're right on allt the points you mentioned. And using both sims, keeping track of different commands (shortcut keys) is not easy.

I fully understand you stick with what works. I might choose the same.

For example, I stumbeled upon "FlightGear" recently. A freeware flightsim with loads of contents. A open source project. Looks very nice.

But it would be a lot of new menus, functions, flight dynamics, shortcuts to learn. Plus learning about installing and software quirks. So I did not download it yet, and just view the product occasionally on their site. Not sure if I want to start learning everything all over again....

Happy flights,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived