Scenery missing FSX

vry

I have had problems with fsx scenery for over 6 months now.

Previously with this type of problem, I edited the scenery.cfg file, and everything was good.

I've looked through the forums here and elsewhere, and can't find a good answer.

1) Now changing the default scenery is not registered, and never appears. The default is not changed.

2) Errors are displayed when opening fsx, and scenery errors are displayed with scenery items that I installed and removed up

to 6 months ago. Any amount of editing will not cure this.

3) Checking and unchecking the items in the scenery settings is not possible, as only the default fsx items are displayed.

Most of my scenery is freeware, with only about 30% being payware. I use Windows 8.1, which usually behaves.

Looks like an fsx re-install to me. What do you think?

Thank you

Keith

It is not 100% clear what the problem is and what you are doing to attempt to fix it.

The one fact I do see is that you are manually editing the scenery.cfg.

If so, make sure you are editing the correct one, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

As for the errors you see when starting FSX, if you note them when you see them you can then go into the Scenery Library and de-activate those areas to eliminate the error messages.

I would think this does not require an un/reinstall, unless you currently have the sim installed in the Program Files folder. Installing the sim to that default location can cause problems with attempts to make changes to the sim, due to Windows permissions issues.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Look on Our friend Google for Scenery Configurator, a free program that scans your files and gives information on errors and resources to fix them. Your para 1 seems to indicate you have ORBX sceneries which are not changing when you use the ORBX Control Panel. Removing ORBX sceneries and reinstalling (after doing a registry scan), may help.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Archived